Table of Contents
- 1 Best Electric Pressure Washer 2017
- 2 1) Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe Electric Pressure Washer – Best Seller on Amazon
- 3 2) AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer – Best For Home Use
- 4 3) GreenWorks GPW1501 Electric Pressure Washer – Cheap Pressure Washer Under $100
- 5 4) Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer – 2 Year Complete Warranty
- 6 5) AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer – Best Washer Under $200 (Attachments Included)
- 7 6) SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer – Best Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- 8 7) Ivation Electric Pressure Washer – High Power With Best Performance
- 9 8) Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer – Gas Washer With Ultimate Power
- 10 9) Karcher K5 Premium Electric Pressure Power Washer – Best Pressure Washer Under $250
- 11 10) Powerhouse International – THE FORCE 1800 Electric Pressure Washer – Pressure Washer With TSS System
- 12 How we picked the Best electric pressure washer?
- 13 Winner: Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe Electric Pressure Washer – Our Best Pick
- 14 Electric Pressure Washer Buyer’s Guide – Factors to Consider When Choosing Electric Pressure Washer?
- 15 Everything You Need To Know About Electric Pressure Washer!
- 16 WHY USE ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER?
- 17 What Electric Pressure Washerss Are Used For?
- 18 BENEFITS OF ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
- 18.1 1. Quick Cleaning
- 18.2 2. Choose The Right Setting For Sensitive Or Tough Cleaning Jobs
- 18.3 3. Performs Any Cleaning Job Without Releasing Much Noise
- 18.4 4. Save Time
- 18.5 5. Save Money
- 18.6 6. Surfaces Experience a More Thorough Clean
- 18.7 7. Increase Your Home’s Value and Curb Appeal
- 18.8 8. Chores Become Fun
- 19 TYPES OF ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
- 20 Terms To Know
- 21 Pressure Cleaner Review Categories, Parts and Accessories That Matter
- 22 Popular electric pressure washer – Top 7 electric pressure washer Brands
- 23 Electric Pressure Washer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 23.1 Electric vs. Gas Powered Pressure Washers: Which Type Should I Get?
- 23.2 What Type Of Pressure Washer Can I Use For Indoor Cleaning?
- 23.3 Hot Water Vs Cold Water Pressure Washers: Which Fundamental Design Should I Get?
- 23.4 Should I Just Rent Out A Pressure Washer Or Go Get Myself One Instead?
- 23.5 Can I Attach Third-party Accessories To Improve The Performance Of My Pressure Washer?
- 23.6 Is Washing My Car With A High-power Pressure Washer Safe?
- 23.7 What Do CPU, PSI, And GPM Stand For?
- 24 Final Thoughts – Wrapping it up
Whenever you’re expecting visitors, it has become second nature that one of the first things to do is inspecting the home for any signs of dirt (best electric pressure washer).
No one likes living in a dirty place and worse inviting friends and family to a messy home. However much we like clean homes, the act of cleaning can be tedious and time-consuming.
That is why we decided to feature one of the best tools ever invented for cleanliness, an electric pressure washer.
I consider it the best tool for cleanliness since it can handle various cleaning jobs with minimum effort. Below is a review and a comprehensive user’s buying guide of 10 of the best electric pressure washers.
Best Electric Pressure Washer 2017
|Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer||14.5 Amp/1800 Watt Motor||31 pound||15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9 inches||View Price|
|AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer||_||27 pounds||28.5 x 12.25 x 11.25 inches||View Price|
|GreenWorks Electric Pressure Washer||13 amp Universal||_||9.45 x 17.13 x 11.42 inches||VIew Price|
|Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer||14.5 Amp/1800 Watt Motor||31 pound||33.5 x 16.5 x 14.4 inches||View Price|
|AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer||_||33.55 pounds||38 x 16 x 17 in||View Price|
|SIMPSON Cleaning Gas Pressure Washer||Honda GC190 engine.||65 pounds||23.25 x 21 x 34.75 inches||View Price|
|Ivation Electric Pressure Washer||_||25 pounds||32 x 12 x 12.5 inches||View Price|
|Generac Gas Powered Pressure Washer||196cc Generac OHV||57 pounds||35.4 x 18.8 x 24.4 inches||View Price|
|Karcher K5 Electric Pressure Washer||Universal||32 pounds||16.77 x 13.07 x 34.33 inches||View Price|
|Powerhouse International Electric Pressure Washer||_||17 pounds||10 x 10 x 16 inches||View Price|
1) Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe Electric Pressure Washer – Best Seller on Amazon
It is from a company called Snow Joe. Its powerful motor makes this pressure washer the ultimate dirt fighter.
The 1800 Watt motor puts out 2030 PSI which in turn shoots out water at the rate of 1.76 GPM.
We used this tool to clean mud on the car, lawnmower, patio, sidewalk and garage door with the utmost ease that it became fun.
We are not particularly impressed with corded pressure washers since they limit mobility but the SPX3000 is fitted with a 35-foot power cord to ensure you reach all areas.
I’ve been a member of the environment conservation group all my life and the feature that made me love this unit is its smart energy saving mode.
The energy saving mode works by shutting off the power whenever the trigger is not engaged to save on power as well as help prolong the pumps life span.
What we didn’t like about the Sun Joe is the plastic connector that links to the machine to the water hose.
- Five Quick-Connect spray tips to tackle heavy, medium and light-duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 1800-Watt/14.5-amp motor that generates up to 1.76 GPM/2030 PSI for maximum cleaning power
- TSS or Total Stop System automatically shuts off the pump when the motor is left to idle for a period. This helps save on energy and increases the lifespan of the pump.
- Dual detergent tanks with a 0.9 L capacity. They are removable and can carry two different types of detergents for carrying out various cleaning jobs
- Comes with a Full 2-year warranty
- Leaky hose fitting
All things considered, this is a great electric pressure washer, and I would recommend it to anyone.
It has a lot of pros, and we had to nitpick to find a con which happens to be a minor issue that is easily solvable.
2) AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer – Best For Home Use
For electric pressure washers, one of our top requirements is for the units to be fitted with long cords for mobility and to avoid power extension cords.
Besides the long power cords, the AR comes with many add-ons to perform various cleaning functions. The hose is also long as required and helped us wash the car without having to move the pressure washer around constantly.
Within minutes of unboxing the AR, you can start cleaning your home because setting it up is a breeze.
When it comes to environmental friendliness, it manages to use 80% less water than a garden hose while being power efficient by using 40% less power.
Also, the fact that it uses an electric motor allowed us to do washing activities at night without disturbing our neighbors with noise. The washer comes with various add-ons such as a detergent bottle, washer gun, variable nozzles and more.
As is with most of the pressure cleaners we have featured, this unit is no different when it comes to its unreliable plastic adapter that starts leaking water after several days’ use.
However, this problem is solvable with a $10 budget where you replace the plastic adapter with a metal one at any local store.
- Ample power for outdoor cleaning activities
- Comes with various attachments included to enhance the cleaning performance
- Environmentally friendly nature conserves up to 80% more water than a garden hose
- Quieter than gas engine models
- Easy to assemble and use. Setting up for the first time may take longer but reduces by half when you get used to how it works
- Customer service available at all times
- Leaky plastic hose adapter
3) GreenWorks GPW1501 Electric Pressure Washer – Cheap Pressure Washer Under $100
The company has specialized in producing only electric powered units, and the GPW1501 is no exception. I had the privilege to use this washer for two weeks, and I was completely satisfied with its performance.
The first thing I noticed when it arrived is its lightweight nature. This factor came in handy later when I had to move it from the garage to the back yard to clean our dog’s house.
Set up was easy and I had it up and running in no time. If you are on an uneven ground, you can set it up horizontally or vertically to achieve greater stability when using it.
Its motor produces sufficient 1500 PSI power that easily discharges water at a rate of 1.2 GPM to blast through dirt and grime when cleaning.
You can also alter the cleaning finesse with the different angle quick tip nozzles that are included in the package.
The GPW1501 features a 20-foot high-pressure hose that helps with reachability, so you don’t have to keep moving the unit around.
On to the negatives, the soap dispenser is fragile and can start leaking if you drop it on a hard surface.
Another thing you will need to get used to was the grinding sound that was coming from the motor whenever I was at the beginning of a cleaning session.
- Capable of putting out 1500 PSI at 1.2 GPM to blast through grime on surfaces
- Offers great flexibility and stability with its vertically or horizontally use
- Includes various connect tips for handling a variety of cleaning jobs
- Comes with a 20-foot high-pressure hose to offer greater reach
- Soap applicator for deliberate soap application on tough grime
- Comes with a five-foot power cord
- Leaky soap dispenser
- You can almost hear or feel like the motor is switching gears at the beginning of a cleaning session.
4) Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer – 2 Year Complete Warranty
As soon as you see it and hold it, you know immediately that it is meant for small and medium sized cleaning jobs. Despite one or two components that seem cheap and flimsy, the overall design and build quality feel sturdy.
The 1800 Watt motor produces 2,030 PSI to shoot water at the rate of 1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning performance.
Despite its sufficient power, the SPX3001 comes with quick connect spray tips in its packaging to handle different types of cleaning jobs. The 20-foot high-pressure hose increases reachability, and the hose reel ensures it is well-secured for storage.
In a competitive market, the specs for the SPX3001 are impressive for its price point.
It features an Automatic Total Stop System that increases power efficiency while helping prolong the motor’s lifespan. We got it in the winter period, and we cleaned all types of surfaces using it.
During this period we can report that no special maintenance is required, just applying a lubricant on the seals to keep them running smoothly and efficiently.
The negatives include a cheap feel hose that comes attached to the pressure washer.
The attachment is an inconvenience and a poor decision by Snow Joe since it makes fitting a replacement that much harder.
Also, like other models, it comes with a plastic hose adapter that is completely unreliable for long term usage.
- Comes with five Quick-Connect spray tips to tackle all sorts of cleaning tasks
- Powerful 1800-Watt motor that generates up to 2030 PSI to provide maximum cleaning power
- Onboard reel that stores the 20-foot high-pressure hose in an organized fashion for quick access
- TSS or Total Stop System acts as an energy saver while also helping prolong the pump’s life
- Comes with a full CSA approved 2-year warranty
- Lightweight hose that comes attached to the pressure washer
- Unreliable plastic hose adapter
The good thing is that it is fixable in all the areas it is lacking.
5) AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer – Best Washer Under $200 (Attachments Included)
The AR390SS falls in this category. It is well packaged with shock cushions to protect it from impact while being transported.
The AR390SS is highly rated as it received the highest rating in the 2016 electric pressure washer consumer report test.
Even for first time users, set up is easy once you unbox it. It comes with several attachments such as a washer wand, a washer gun, a detachable detergent tank and several washer nozzles.
It comes with a class leading 30-foot inch high-pressure hose and a 35-foot power cord to provide maximum reachability
This unit comes with all the features you could need. It has ample pressure power to complete most cleaning tasks at home.
As for the power, the AR Blue limited the electric motor to just 15A to protect your home circuit breaker and for environment-friendly reasons.
Using the AR390SS will help you conserve 80% more water and improve power efficiency to over 45% more than a standard garden hose.
On to the negative, the wand holder keeps falling when the wand is removed.
AR should have secured it with more screws to keep it place at all times.
- Ample power to perform outdoor cleaning
- Highly rated by consumers for its convenience and reliability
- Various attachments included for enhancing cleaning performance
- Environmentally friendly
- Easy to assemble
- Wand holder lacks sufficient support and keeps falling out when the wand is removed
In conclusion, the AR390SS is great for small tasks such as cleaning automobiles.It is a great tool to own because it provides convenience and reliability.
I would recommend it for anyone with house cleaning chores and needs to complete them with ease and in a timely fashion.
6) SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer – Best Gas Powered Pressure Washer
Once you get it, set up is easy and once everything is set, you can begin using it. I liked how easy it was to spark the engine to life. You simply pull the ignition, and it roars to life immediately.
Its frame is constructed from high strength welded steel for strength and 10-inch pneumatic tyres to handle the potent gas powered engine.
This unit runs on the reliable Honda engine which makes it possible for you to clean your patio and sidewalks within the first 30 minutes of getting it thanks to its easy setup.
It features one of the most powerful motors in our lineup. Gas pressure washers are more powerful than electric ones, and the Simpson MSH3125-S puts out 3100 PSI that can shoot water at a mind-blowing rate of 2.5 GPM.
For safety purposes, this unit was fitted with a gun safety lock out to prevent accidental triggers that may prove to be destructive.
Unlike other pressure washer units that come fitted with substandard hoses which wear out over time, the MSH3125-S features a MorFlex high-pressure hose.
Not only is the MorFlex hose lightweight and flexible, but it is also kink and abrasion resistant to withstand heavy duty use. The hose is fitted with secure M22 connectors for safety and comes with different variants of connector nozzles to handle different cleaning applications.
- Gain cleaning power in your hands
- Kink & abrasion resistant hose
- Select the correct nozzle tips to complete your cleaning tasks
- Designed to offer safety to users
- Clear surfaces & floors in seconds
- Noisy compared to electric pressure cleaners
- Produces toxic fumes from its engine
The final verdict is while this gas powered pressure washer is not as refined as the electric versions, it is the most reliable.Everything on it is well laid out to ensure the user has total control over it.
7) Ivation Electric Pressure Washer – High Power With Best Performance
The sides of my house had cracked old paint that bothered me until we got this unit. I had set a full day apart for scraping the old paint off, but the Ivation did all that for me saving me time, energy and the agony of scraping off paint.
Cleaning grime is made possible by its powerful 1800 Watt electric motor that produces 2200 PSI power which in turn shoots water at a rate of 1.8 GPM.
This unit excels in many other areas such as car washing.
With this pressure washer, you will never have to pay $10 again to get your car cleaned. The interchangeable nozzles included in the packaging can produce high pressure, medium pressure and high-pressure washing qualities for cleaning various surfaces.
It comes with only three attachments for setting up.
From the box, you will only need thirty seconds to get it ready for the first ever wash. Connecting the attachments is made easy and more secure with the durable copper connection from the hose to the nozzle.
It comes with the power efficient and life-boosting Total Stop System (TSS) that enhances the washer’s environmentally friendly qualities.
Despite having all the features you could ever need, you cannot help but feel shortchanged with the power output.
There are more powerful models out there with the same price.
- Power Generated by the 1800 Watt Motor
- Produces 2,200 PSI for Maximum Cleaning Power
- Comes with Interchangeable Pressure Nozzles for Washing Various Surfaces
- Bonus Turbo Wand Included
- Easy-to-Use System R
- Automatic Total Stop System (TSS)
- Optional Self-Suction, & Soap Dispenser
- Comes with a 1 Year Warranty
- There are more powerful pressure washer models out there
The Ivasion has proven to be tough and durable to handle any cleaning job you can put it through.It easy to use by both men and women as a cleaning tool. The price and cleaning results make this unit worth every penny.
8) Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer – Gas Washer With Ultimate Power
Its light weight nature was highly appreciated when cleaning the wooden decks of our staircase.
It was easy to tote up and down the stairs for a more thorough cleaning. What’s more, the cushion grip handle was designed ergonomically to provide comfort during cleaning while reducing hand fatigue by encouraging you to use less effort.
The Generac 6922 features a pump made from overseas while the engine and frame are American made.
Despite the main components of the Generac 6922 coming from different continents of the world, they have been attached strategically to provide maximum functionality and enhance connectivity between different parts.
The pressure washer comes with 10 inch never flat wheels that are designed to maneuver different types of terrain.
However great this machine is, we felt it lacked sufficient power. We tried to wash a second story wall, but this pressure washer completely failed us.
- Designed ergonomically to help reduce fatigue while operating it
- Features an integrated detergent tank that provides a convenient storage space for detergents
- Features a Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine
- Comes equipped with 10” never-flat wheels for easy maneuverability regardless the terrain type
- Four nozzle tips included for tackling any cleaning job
- Some models are more powerful than this unit
- Noisy and produces toxic fumes compared to electric pressure washers
The parting shot on the Generac 6922 is that it is more than appropriate for small cleaning tasks around the home and yard. It ranks among the best choices for carrying out cleaning household duties.
Karcher has been in this space for a long time, and they have different models of washers to show for it.
The K5 made our list for its value proposition and cutting edge features that came with it. Perhaps the most appealing feature of the Karcher K5 is its water-cooled electric motor.
This feature not only increases the efficiency of the washer’s electric motor but helps prolong its life up to five times more than a standard electric motor.
As expected, setting it up was an unbelievable easy as it should be. This unit is fitted with an N-Cor pump that is maintenance free and non-corrosive to provide durability.
Also, it comes with all the bells and whistles you could ask for in an electric pressure washer such as a vario spray wand, dirt blaster spray wand, detergent tank, 35-foot power cord and high impact wheels.
Electric motors are quieter than gas-powered washers, but this unit almost defies the laws of physics for quietness.
This unit will serve you well for soft cleaning jobs found at home, so if you’re looking for a commercial washer, your efforts will be best spent looking elsewhere.
The thing that baffles me the most about the Karcher K5 Premium is why they did not include a more powerful pump.This unit is capable of 2000 PSI, and yet they choose to reduce the overall manufacturing cost by including a substandard pump that is only capable of shooting 1.4 GPM.
- Clean quicker and more effectively with a 2000 PSI jet of water
- 25-foot high-pressure hose
- Includes various add-ons and attachments
- Dirtblaster spray wand halves the cleaning time
- N-COR pump for durability, maintenance-free and non-corrosive features
- Water-cooled induction motor to boost its lifespan up to five times more
- Onboard detergent tank
- 7.7″ high impact wheels
- 35-foot GFCI power cord
- Produces only 1.4 GPM which is not effective for cleaning as other models
Overall, the Karcher K5 is a good balance between power and value.Since this is a $200 unit, it is not fair to compare it to a $500 unit, and for its value, it is a capable pressure washer that will make your cleaning work a lot easier.
10) Powerhouse International – THE FORCE 1800 Electric Pressure Washer – Pressure Washer With TSS System
As advertised, it is compact, easy to set up, and quiet to use despite its impressive 1800 PSI power output.
Sometimes you may wish to get a 5000 PSI pressure washer to clean the grime that has been building up your driveway and sidewalk for years but you look at the price and consider how many times you’re going to use it in a year, and you end up deciding that it is not worth the money.
This unit comes with a 90-degree nozzle that can be used for getting rid of crud from hard to reach corners and edges.
It is light weight and has all terrain wheels that it follows you whenever you reach the end of the pressure hose.
Some models trip you. It is power efficient in that the pump stops whenever you release the handle.
Without a doubt, The Force 1800 is the most self-sufficient electric washer we have featured.
It comes with an automatic thermal sensor that senses when the motor is about to overheat for better power regulation. It comes with a functional design which means that every attachment can be stored securely and compactly onto the unit to provide maximum portability.
A cool feature about it is the foot operated on & off switch that is unique to this model.
I seem to have a problem with the gap in power between the gas-powered model and the electric models, and the Force 1800 is no different here.It has adequate power, but it constantly leaves you wishing it could put out just a little more power out.
- Total Stop System or TSS for power efficiency and prolonging motor life
- Uniquely placed foot-operated on/off switch
- The motor features a thermal sensor to protect it from overheating
- Self Storing accessories provide an organized, compact, and portable storage space
- Safety and convenience features
- Capable of shooting 1.6 GPM at 1800 PSI pressure
- Falls short on power compared to gas powered models
When you factor everything including the price of this electric pressure washer, you realize how great of a deal it is.It feels solid and sturdy which are great signs for durability.
I believe it is the right choice for its price point and therefore I would strongly recommend it to anyone.
How we picked the Best electric pressure washer?
Picking the best pressure washer was not an easy task given the quality that is out there.
We took everything into consideration. From the price, type of motor, the power of the motor to convenience, durability and environment friendliness.
As you can imagine, most pressure washers passed our vigorous tests with flying colors.
However, the Sun Joe SPX3000 stood out from the lineup.
It ticked all the right boxes, and what’s more, almost all the professionals we interviewed claimed that it was the best pressure washer they had used.
Like other models, the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer was put through a vigorous testing process, and we’re glad to announce that it is the best electric pressure cleaner in 2017.
It works as advertised, you can wash your front porch and driveway within minutes where it would normally take a minimum of two hours to complete using a garden hose.
You can also clean off the grime stuck on your brick walls and concrete floors without a single hitch.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 comes with lots of different nozzles that let you complete various cleaning jobs with ease.
For example, with the right nozzle, children as young as six years can use it to clean their bicycles with no problems. Its light weight also helps in this in the case of children using it.
Regardless its ease of use, parent supervision is strongly advised when in the hands of children.
Electric Pressure Washer Buyer’s Guide – Factors to Consider When Choosing Electric Pressure Washer?
How They Work
Pressure washers have electric motors or gas engines that are used to power a pump within them.
In return, the pump pushes water through a concentrating nozzle at a high pressure to clean dirty surfaces such as patios, driveways, decks, etc.
Water coming from a pressure washer can be dangerous when exposed to it.
It is extracted at 30 to 80 times more pressure than a normal garden hose and with it carries strong cutting capabilities.
It is always advisable to use these machines with extreme caution as contact with a misplaced jet of water could severely damage a person’s skin and land him or her in the emergency room.
Before committing yourself to buying a pressure washer, you should know that they are available for renting at a decent price.
However, if you decide to buy, you should consider buying one that has a built-in soap tank as well as cord storage space.
For heavy duty models, ensure you get one with wheels to make it easier for you to move it around.
Gas-Powered Pressure Washer
- More power
- Made of solid components, therefore, more durable
- More mobile due to lack of electric cords
- More expensive
- More maintenance required
- More noise
- More fumes
- Heavier and larger in size
Price: $250 to $500.
Electric-Powered Pressure Washer
- More affordable
- Less maintenance
- No fumes means they can be used indoors
- Less power
- Less portable due to electric cord
- Mostly made of plastic components means it is less durable
- Electric cord annoyance
Price: $75 to $250.
All About Nozzles
Nozzles are placed at the tip of the washer’s wand, and they control the intensity and direction of the water being sprayed.
Nozzles come in two types, either as a single adjustable one or as a set of interchangeable nozzles.
Adjustable nozzles are more reliable for their convenience as all you’re required to do is twist it to change the pattern and width of spray.
Replaceable nozzles, on the other hand, allow you to alter the spray pattern by changing spray angles.
Pressure Washer Safety
We’ve already covered that the jet of water can severely damage your skin and result in bacterial infections.
In 2014, about 6,057 people had to be subjected to emergency treatment due to injuries sustained from pressure washers.
Also, since gas motor pressure washers are loud, we recommend you use hearing protection to protect yourself from noise damage from prolonged use.
Here are some dos and don’ts to consider:
- Carefully read the manufacturer’s manual
- Wear long pants, sturdy footwear, and protective goggles. Do not wear flip flops
- Take extra care on slippery wet surfaces
- Start at least two feet away from the surface and use the widest spray angle while moving closer as needed
- Always turn off the washer and drain excess water before replacing the spray tips for safety
- Get as much safety practice as you can before you can start using the machine around people
- A garden hose may be more kind to your car’s paint job than an electric washer
- Never get closer than six inches to whatever surface you’re cleaning. You may end up putting holes in your deck wood or puncturing your car’s tires with the stream of water
- Never let a gas motor pressure cleaner run on idle for too long because the pump can easily overheat if you don’t press the trigger
- Never use a pressure washer while standing on an uneven surface like a ladder as the recoil force could easily throw you off balance
- Avoid pointing the nozzle toward the direction of live beings
- Avoid using an extension cord on an electric-powered pressure cleaner
Hire a Handyman for the Job
Are you too busy to clean or are unsure about the safety measures of a pressure washer?
No need to panic because you can look for professionals. Local contractors and professional cleaners in your local area can easily be found online.
Everything You Need To Know About Electric Pressure Washer!
You have come to the right place to learn more about pressure washers.
We have taken it upon ourselves to gather all the useful information we could find on electric pressure washers.
Our findings are not based on research alone but also on unbiased reviews and thorough testing to recommend the best electric washer for you.
WHY USE ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER?
Cleaning is not an activity you would normally look forward to until you own an Electric pressure washer.
These tools have various uses whereby you can use them for commercial purposes or simply use them at home. They can help you clean hard to reach areas with complete ease.
This cleaning tool will help you keep your home, vehicle and other properties clean with minimum effort.
What Electric Pressure Washerss Are Used For?
- Metal Roof Cleaning: Electric pressure washers are suitable for getting rid of grime off your metal roof.
- Lawn Equipment: Lawn equipment such as lawn mowers are normally neglected after use, but a pressure washer will allow you to clean the dirt off them to keep them well maintained.
- Car and Motorcycles: Electric pressure washers come with adjustable settings that allow you to clean your vehicles without damaging the paintwork.
- Garages and Outdoor Patios: Cleaning garages and outdoor patios can be strenuous and time-consuming if you’re using a garden hose. To save up on time and effort, you can use an electric pressure washer to clean away the dirt.
- Outdoor Grills: Outdoor grills gather and trap dust over a period making them unpleasant to look at. However, you can ensure they remain spotless by cleaning the residue off them regularly using this power cleaning tool.
BENEFITS OF ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
1. Quick Cleaning
Whenever your outdoor spaces accumulate dirt over a period, it can be hard to clean them completely.
In this case, a pressure washer is your best friend and helper as it will help you get rid of the grime within minutes, saving you from hours of tedious work.
2. Choose The Right Setting For Sensitive Or Tough Cleaning Jobs
Pressure washers come equipped with adjustable cleaning settings to handle different conditions.
Hard to reach places and dirtier places need more pressure to clean so you can use the harshest setting to ensure that grime is eliminated.
A light pressure setting produces about 25% more water than a garden hose and can help you clean your car, patio, and fence more effectively without causing damage.
3. Performs Any Cleaning Job Without Releasing Much Noise
One advantage of a gas motor pressure cleaner over an electric pressure cleaner is portability due to lack of power cords.
However, motor pressure cleaners produce a lot of noise compared to electric cleaners.
Electric pressure cleaners will ensure you go ahead with your cleaning business without creating any noise disturbance to your neighbors.
4. Save Time
The efficiency of pressure cleaners should put a smile on your face since they clean five times faster while saving five times more water than traditional hoses.
They also save you from having to bend over to remove sticky grime.
We carried out an experiment with six vehicles where we selected three minibusses and three regular sized cars.
We provided all the cleaning materials and handed a pressure cleaner to one of our cleaners and told him to clean the three mini busses.
Then we instructed our second cleaner to use a regular garden hose to clean the regular sized cars.
The outcome was nothing short of magnificent. It took our cleaner 47 minutes to clean the three regular sized cars while it took our other cleaner 42 minutes to clean the three mini buses.
5. Save Money
The first way a pressure cleaner helps you save money is through a reduced water bill.
It has been documented that the pressure cleaner uses a less volume of water per minute compared to a garden hose.
A decent pressure cleaner costs about $100 – $500. Hiring a professional cleaner costs about $100.
When you stretch that over a one year period, it can easily amount to over $1,000.
Cleaning and maintaining lawn equipment helps extend their lifespan. Neglected equipment deteriorate much faster meaning you will have to keep replacing them.
6. Surfaces Experience a More Thorough Clean
My grandma has always told me that there is no point of cleaning unless you’re going to leave it spotless.
For a spotless clean, there is no substitute for high-pressure soapy water to get rid of the toughest grime and get rid of it fast.
Without a pressure cleaner, you might spend hours on end while using all your energy chipping away at grease or caked mud.
7. Increase Your Home’s Value and Curb Appeal
If you’re planning to sell or rent your home, pressure cleaning your driveway, front steps, sidewalks, garage door, and patio will significantly increase your home’s value.
This is a fact that was verified by the National Association of Realtors.
What’s best is that pressure cleaning will only take a few days effort to put you in a strong position to receive additional funds.
8. Chores Become Fun
There is a reason why people avoid house chores and let them pile up.
The simple reason is that cleaning is not fun, in fact, it is tedious.
However, with a pressure cleaner, you can look forward to cleaning as dirt and grime don’t stand a chance.
Pressure cleaners make cleaning fun and what’s more is that you can transform it to be a therapeutic exercise that helps keep your mind off stressful matters.
TYPES OF ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
1. Light-Duty Pressure Washer
When cleaning sensitive things such as your bicycle, vehicle, furniture, pet’s house among other things, you can use the light-duty washer.
You can use such a pressure washer if you want to clean the mud off your vehicle’s tires or if you need to flash away light dirt across your stairway and sidewalk.
Expect to cough up about $100 to buy a decent pressure washer that will serve you for years.
Since that price is way higher than what a garden hose costs, you will be glad about the cleaning results and convenience it offers.
2. Medium-Duty Pressure Washer
Do you have stubborn greasy stains stuck on your driveway or garage floor?
Forget a regular garden hose and upgrade to a medium duty pressure washer that will leave your floor looking clean and fresh.
At about $150 and $350, you can get a highly powerful pressure washer that will get rid of tougher grime with less effort and in a timely fashion.
Most of them come equipped with a detergent tank to help flush tough grime from your home to achieve professional results.
3. Heavy-Duty Pressure Washer
Heavy duty pressure washers only consist of top tire pressure washers and are priced well over $300 due to their power.
They can be used for more intense cleaning jobs on hard floors such as cleaning muddy areas around your compound.
Naturally, they are more powerful than both the light duty and medium duty pressure cleaners and are suitable for getting rid of caked grime anywhere.
For that price, you will no longer be worried about the toughest grime you can find.
However, with all that power, you should be very careful not to inflict any injuries on live beings or cause any damage to fragile property.
Terms To Know
Gallons per minute (GPM)
This is the rate of flow of water or speed of water measured per minute.
The faster the water flows mean you will need less time cleaning an area.
If you’re planning to use your pressure water for commercial uses, it is advisable to buy the high GPM machines since they can complete more jobs per given day and require less effort.
Pounds per square inch (PSI)
This is the measurement unit for pressure in pounds exerted by an object per square inch area.
PSI measures the pushing force of the pressure cleaner. PSI is greatly affected by the nozzle type and the distance the water is traveling to hit the surface.
Cleaning power (CP)
For those who like math, CP or cleaning power is the multiplication of GPM by PSI or in math terms, (GPM X PSI = CP).
CP helps rationalize the cleaning power of the washers.
Pressure Cleaner Review Categories, Parts and Accessories That Matter
Engines produce power and send the power to the pump to propel the water out at high pressure.
Engine sizes are measured in ccs and bigger ccs directly translate to more power on the engine.
An example of a pressure washer engine is Honda GCV190 where the 190 refers to the engine’s cc.
For electric cleaners, motors are used to power the pump. They are rated according to their Watts and Amps to indicate the energy they put out.
There are three distinctive types:
- Universal – They are the cheapest but are reliable for small jobs. They are also light, portable and loudest.
- Induction – They cost more than universal motors but less than water cooled motors. For the extra pay, you get a quieter yet enhanced performance than universal motors as well as durability.
- Water-cooled – As you guessed already, these water cooled motors are the most expensive but are far more reliable than the previous two motors. The water you’re using to clean is also used to cool the motor to keep it performing at the optimum level to increase the life span.
Entry level pressure washers use wobble pumps.
Most pressure washers are fitted with the mid-tier quality Axial Cam pump while the heavy-duty pressure cleaners use Triplex Plunger pumps to handle the power produced.
The pumps explained:
Wobble pump – They are the cheapest pumps out there and have a lifespan of approximately three years while using it 2 hours per weekend.
They are not replaceable or repairable.
Axial – They are more expensive than Wobble pumps and have an estimated lifespan of double or triple the lifespan of wobble pumps.
Triplex – These are the most expensive pumps because they are designed for daily commercial use. They are ideal for contractors since they have an estimated life span of ten times more than Axial pumps.
It is not surprising that hot water cleans better than cold water.
A hot pressure washer heats up water to about 140F using their onboard heating coil.
They cost more than cold water cleaning units. They are suitable for professionals.
You can find pressure washer hoses that come in various diameters, materials, connection types, and length.
Standard pressure water hoses have a diameter of a 1/4 inch while professional pressure water hoses have a larger diameter of 3/8 inch to facilitate a higher rate of flow of water.
Most pressure washer hoses are made of plastic, but you can upgrade to a polyurethane hose for about $200 to get enhanced flexibility, durability and less weight to carry around.
Nozzles are perhaps the most important tools on the pressure cleaners.
They come in seven different types, and they dictate the pressure of the water being propelled out.
The seven types of nozzles each have unique properties and have different uses.
When you buy a pressure washer, it comes with over ten different attachments depending on the brand and model you picked.
A standard attachment that comes with most pressure washers is a surface cleaner that is used to clean large, flat areas much faster.
The other popular attachment is a brush that complements the high-pressure jet by allowing you to scrub the dirty surface to achieve the best results.
Popular electric pressure washer – Top 7 electric pressure washer Brands
This brand was established in 2004 and produces electric pressure washers.
It is located in New Jersey and offers one light-duty and three medium duty models with their best seller being the 2030 PSI unit.
This brand is well known for producing high-quality pumps and is perhaps the most popular electric pressure cleaner manufacturer on the market.
The Simpson brand has some of the best-rated gas pressure washers.
It is popular for offering products that are great value for money.
Simpson Cleaning also has other cleaning products in their portfolio.
This is the inventor of power pressure washers in all of Europe.
Their lineup consists of various electric pressure washers.
GreenWorks is a company that produces niche electric power equipment.
The brand specializes in creating the best electrical motors to fit in their equipment.
Ivation is one of the most respected electric pressure washer brand out there.
It produces high-quality units that are reliable.
Ivation also manufactures other electric appliances to go with the pressure cleaners.
Perhaps you have seen a gas powered pressure washer with the brand name Generac?
This is because they mostly specialize in residential use pressure washers.
Electric Pressure Washer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Electric vs. Gas Powered Pressure Washers: Which Type Should I Get?
Before making this huge decision, you need to ask yourself what type of cleaning jobs you plan on using the pressure cleaner for.
For cleaning jobs such as washing your car or washing furniture outside, you are better suited using an electric pressure washer.
Not only is it light but also produces less noise which might be a good thing in preserving neighborhood relationships.
You don’t get the same convenience in a gas powered pressure cleaner.
You have to oil it and add gas to it to keep it running smoothly. Despite these minor inconveniences, this type of pressure cleaner has more power making it ideal for cleaning hard surfaces.
Also, unlike electric pressure cleaners, these gas powered washers provide more mobility because you don’t need to connect power cables.
What Type Of Pressure Washer Can I Use For Indoor Cleaning?
Electric pressure washers are ideal for indoor cleaning since they do not emit toxic fumes.
Over exposure to these toxic fumes may result in serious health complications.
It is advisable to wear appropriate safety gear if you plan on using a gas powered washer for indoor cleaning.
Hot Water Vs Cold Water Pressure Washers: Which Fundamental Design Should I Get?
Both washers are effective in cleaning.
However, hot water washers are best suited to removing the most stubborn stains such as oil and grease.
You should consider getting a hot pressure washer to deal with stubborn grease and oil stains if you own a garage store.
However, if you’re a regular homeowner, a cold water pressure washer is more than enough to get rid of most dirt problems.
Should I Just Rent Out A Pressure Washer Or Go Get Myself One Instead?
Pressure washers have become a must have household item for their convenience and since the cost of owning one is not as high as it was a few years back.
There’s nothing wrong with renting a pressure washer if you need one urgently, however, it does not make sense to keep renting since you will end up spending more money than having your own.
In conclusion, the convenience and long-term spending make it worth investing some money and buying one instead of renting.
Can I Attach Third-party Accessories To Improve The Performance Of My Pressure Washer?
Yes, you can.
With more pressure washer in the market, the more people produce attachments to help enhance the cleaning performance.
Some of the most popular third-party attachments include wands, foamers, spray guns and surface cleaners to help with specific cleaning projects.
Is Washing My Car With A High-power Pressure Washer Safe?
Statistically, cars rank as one of the top objects to be washed with pressure washers.
However, cars have many sensitive parts like the mirrors and windows, so you need to select a nozzle that will release just the right amount of pressure to clean without causing any damage.
It would also help if you sprayed the car while standing a safe two feet away from the car to minimize the impact of the high-pressure water.
What Do CPU, PSI, And GPM Stand For?
These three abbreviations are pressure washer ratings that are used to rate the washers according to their power and quality.
CPU means Cleaning Power Unit while PSI means Pounds per Square Inch and GPM in full is Gallons per Minute.
Final Thoughts – Wrapping it up
As established in the buyer’s guide, home maintenance is time-consuming and strenuous especially in the case where you let chores pile up.
That is why having a helper in the form of a pressure washer will make your life easy. The “helpers” we have featured in this article will help you in your cleaning jobs to ensure your home and property remain clean.
I am confident that this educative buyer’s guide will help you get your money’s worth.