Table of Contents
We all want that car seat that would cuddle the youngsters from infancy to the time they are school-going, right? If your baby hates the car, chances are that the car seat is the problem. Effects such as straining the neck, shopping and changing seats as the baby grows or inability to see through the window are just a tip of the iceberg. To help you narrow down your options, here is a list of the best Safety First car seats to consider.
|Name||Type||Weight Limit||Parents Ratings||Price|
|Safety 1st Grow & Go||Convertible||5-100 pound||4.3||View Price|
|Safety 1st Guide 65||Convertible||5-65 pound||4.1||View Price|
|Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite||Convertible||5-100 pound||4.1||View Price|
|Safety 1st Continuum||Convertible||5-80 pound||4.4||View Price|
Best Safety First Car Seats
Here are the highly rated car seats from safety first below.
Whether the toddler is as young as 5lbs, 40lbs, or 110lbs, this car seat fits the bill. It doubles up as a rear facing, forward facing and a belt-positioning booster seat.
With three-position reclines and adjustable harness, Grow and Go guarantees you an extended use. There is absolutely no need of shopping for new seats as the baby increases in height.
Having the comfort of your newborn in mind, this seat comes with two cushy pillows. You can choose to remove them as the baby grows.
In like manner, it is easier to adjust the headrest and the 5-point harness positions, depending on the height of the toddler.
Cleaning up the Grow and Go car seat is a breeze. You only need to remove the seat pads, wash in the machine, and throw in the dryer.
Additionally, this car seat takes up less space in your vehicle. You can actually get up to 7 inches of extra space between the front seat and itself.
- Machine-washable seat pads
- Occupies less room
- Triples up as a rear-facing, forward facing and belt-positioning booster car seat
- Adjustable headrest and harness
- Safe and comfortable for infants and growing babies with both neck and head supports
- Two additional pillows, which can be removed as the baby grows
- Less costly compared to competing models
- Two cup holders for convenient access to drinks
- Side impact protection against possible crashes
- The cup holders are not removable
- It occupies some reasonable amount of space when in rear-facing angle
You can actually fit three of this kind at the car’s back seat and still have enough space to save. It doubles up as a rear and forward facing, which accommodates toddlers as young as 5lbs to 65lbs.
This car seat guarantees a snug fit for your baby, thanks to the 5-point harness and three buckle points. You can adjust the harness positions depending on the height of your little doll.
Additional features include a removable cup holder, adjustable headrest, latch connectors, and level indicators.
Being a small seat, Guide 65 may not be a great choice if you’ve got the tall genes in your lineage.
- The headrest is adjustable
- The seat offers side impact protection acting as a shield against possible crashes
- The compact design allows it to fit in small vehicles
- In-built removable cup holder
- The fabric cover can either be hand-cleaned or machine-washed
- Additional cushy pillows for added comfort and safety for preemies
- Complies with the FAA standards
- It is quite difficult to angle this seat since it does not recline
- The seat is not compatible with strollers
It is best for newborns, growing babies, and older school-going children. Therefore, you can use it as a rear-facing, forward-facing and as a back booster, depending on your kid’s height.
With a 5-point QuickFit harness, you can adjust the system to conform to your toddler’s height. Just with a single click, the 3-position recline allows you to tune up the car seat to the desired resting angle.
As the child grows, you can switch to the back booster mode and use the safety latch connectors, which easily attaches to the car seatbelt.
What are likeable about Alpha Omega Elite are the soft seat pads, lumbar cushions, and energy absorbing foam. The infant headrest cushion was designed with newborns in mind, though you can remove it as the baby outgrows.
However, for its low pricing and other meaningful features, you can try it.
- It is a 3-in-1 car seat acting as a back booster, rear facing and forward facing to guarantee you an extended use
- 5 harness positions to fit your growing baby from infancy to school-age
- Removable cup holder
- Safe for your baby with side impact protection
- Detachable headrest and pillow for head and neck suppor
- The armrests readily pivot to make it easier for the baby to be taken in and out of the car seat
- Alpha Omega Elite complies with the Federal Safety Standards
- It is quite easy to clean the seat pads
- To some users, this car seat may be difficult to install
- Moderately bulk, hence, may not be suitable for small cars
Your baby can, therefore, grow with it from 5lbs to as old as 80 pounds. Continuum 3-in-1 car seat prides in various features, which mind the comfort of your baby without sacrificing the safety.
It meets the regulations set by the Federal Safety Standards and offers great side impact protection against any possible crashes. Adjusting the harness holders and the headrest is as simple as ABC since the tuning clips are right in front of you.
With the QuickFit harness and three buckle positions, your baby is destined to grow with the car seat.
When the kid messes it up with dirt, cleaning is a breeze. You only load the seat pads in the washing machine and the cup holder in the dishwasher, then you’re good to go. The fabric is safe for machine-drying.
- Up to three recline positions for both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
- Triples as a rear-facing, forward-facing and a back booster. You only need one car seat for all your child’s growing stages
- Machines washable seat pads
- FAA compliant
- Latch connectors to coordinate with your vehicle’s seatbelt
- Nicely padded
- Slightly difficult to install
- Lacks a built-in lock-off for seatbelts
Looking for a seat after each growing stage of your tad can be a bit stressful and costly. The only sure bet is to consider a convertible, which you can adjust to fit your kid’s height. However, you need to know that not all convertibles would support your newborn accordingly. Some would be perfect for growing babies and yet some are specifically for school-age children.
Therefore, an ideal seat should be comfortable for the baby, safe and convenient for you too. It should take you through the child’s infancy up to the time when the state recommends using the regular vehicle’s seat.