Table of Contents
- 1 Best Wii Games 2017
- 2 1) Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board – Best Wii Exercise Game
- 3 2) Hasbro Family Game Night 3 – Nintendo Wii – Best Wii Game Under $100
- 4 3) Madden NFL 13 – Nintendo Wii – Best Kids Sports Game
- 5 4) Nintendo Wii Lego Star Wars Complete Sage Game + Dual Glow Sabers [Wii] – War Games For Kids
- 6 5) Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel – Perfect Game For Young Kids
- 7 6) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – Best Wii Game Under $50
- 8 7) Mario Party 9 – Best Wii Multiplayer Game
- 9 8) Carnival Games – Nintendo Wii – Best Wii Bundle Game
- 10 9) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – Nintendo Wii – Experience Life of HP Series
- 11 10) Kirby’s Return to Dream Land – Game Worth The Money
- 12 11) Wii Party – Best Wii Party Game
- 13 12) Wii Sports Resort – Best Wii Sports Game
- 14 13) Mario Kart Wii – Best Game For Boys
- 15 14) New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Best Wii Game Of All Time
- 16 15) Just Dance 2017 Wii – Best Game For Young Children
- 17 Winner: Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board Game
- 18 How we picked the Best Wii games?
- 19 Best Wii Games Buyer’s Guide – Factors to Consider When Choosing Wii Games?
- 20 Wii Games and Children’s Development
- 21 Best Wii Games Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 21.1 Can the Wii U system play Wii games?
- 21.2 Will my Wii Remote controllers work with the Wii U system?
- 21.3 Can I play a game on the Wii U GamePad and watch TV at the same time?
- 21.4 Can I use Nintendo eShop funds on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems?
- 21.5 Where can I find out about new and upcoming games?
- 21.6 How loud is the Wii?
- 21.7 Can you connect and play media from a USB hard drive?
- 21.8 Is it possible to attach an external keyboard, mouse, etc. to the USB ports on the back of the Wii?
- 21.9 Does the Wii upconvert non-Wii games?
- 21.10 Which audio / video / image formats work with the Wii?
- 21.11 Inserting an SD card with photos and videos into Wii, do they need to be converted to display/save onto Wii?
- 21.12 What are the load times for the games?
- 21.13 Is the sensor bar really that distracting?
- 21.14 How long do the Wii batteries last? Are they rechargeable? Nunchuck change the battery life much?
- 21.15 Wii controller Bluetooth-compliant or RF? What happens pairing it with a Bluetooth 2.0EDR capable PC?
- 21.16 Does the Wii support WPA?
- 22 Final Words – Wrapping it up
Most people use yoga as a relaxation technique but for avid gamers like myself, our version of yoga is playing our favorite best wii games.
When it comes to gaming consoles, Nintendo is right up there in the production of the best consoles.
Just like its main competitors, the Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox it has a loyal following especially thanks to its innovative motion control input technology.
Best Wii Games 2017
Naturally, you’d find some games being offered on all platforms but some games are specially designed for specific gaming consoles.
|Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board||3.8 lb||20.5 x 13.2 x 3.1 in||View Price|
|Hasbro Family Game Night 3 – Nintendo Wii||0.2 lb||7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Madden NFL 13 – Nintendo Wii||0.2 lb||7.5 x 5.4 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Nintendo Wii Lego Star Wars [Wii]||0.95 lb||15.5 x 6.5 x 3.3 in||View Price|
|Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel||0.24 lb||8.5 x 7.5 x 3 in||View Price|
|The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword||1 lb||7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Mario Party 9||0.25lb||5.3 x 0.6 x 7.5 in||View Price|
|Carnival Games – Nintendo Wii||0.36 lb||7.8 x 5.8 x 0.5 in||View Price|
|LEGO Harry Potter: Nintendo Wii||0.36 lb||5.3 x 0.6 x 7.5 in||View Price|
|Kirby’s Return to Dream Land||0.25 lb||7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Wii Party||0.34 lb||7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Wii Sports Resort||0.35 lb||7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 in||View Price|
|Mario Kart Wii||0.2 lb||0.6 x 5.3 x 7.5 in||View Price|
|New Super Mario Bros. Wii||0.4 lb||0.6 x 5.4 x 7.5 in||View Price|
|Just Dance 2017 – Wii||1 lb||0.6 x 5.3 x 7.5 in||View Price|
1) Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board – Best Wii Exercise Game
With this game, you can play a variety of mini-games without leaving the comfort of your living room.
My favorite mini game is the Bulls-Eye game where you flap your arms to fly from one island to another.
Since most activities are found on islands, you can move around them through flying, walking, floating, bouncing and using a Segway.
If you’re like me and hate starting over whenever you hit an object, this game lets you navigate your way back on track without having to start over.
This game has so many options from making your own routine and doing selected activities of your choice.
You can now save any yoga activities and strength training activities that you choose to take part in.
The balance board measures your weight and when you enter your height, the game calculates your BMI index.
The Wii game will rightly notify you if you are underweight or overweight and help you either lose or gain weight.
It features amazing sceneries and challenges to help keep you motivated to work out.
Also, the more you work out and move closer to your goals, you unlock more activities to help you reach your goals.
You can also include your friend for motivation and competition.
- Game comes with a Wii Balance Board
- Players can set their workout times and activities they want to participate in
- Ability to run across platforms in different modes such as running, walking, flying, jumping and others
- Offers a wide range of customizable options to enhance workout sessions
- Players also can see the number of calories they burnt and even weigh their pets
- If you don’t have a great sense of humor, you might get offended with its comments about your weight
This is a great game to start with if you want to change your perception about video games.
The balance board is easy to set up and the game is easy to play and figure out.
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board will help you burn unwanted calories within no time.
2) Hasbro Family Game Night 3 – Nintendo Wii – Best Wii Game Under $100
What we liked about this game is that you can choose to use your Miis or the ones provided by the game.
This Wii game is one of those games that features multiple games on the same disc. It has five games that I’ll rate quickly.
For us, this was the best game of the bunch.
Life gives you an option, you can either play a quick game or long game.
We felt that the long games took too much time and people could easily lose interest especially if they didn’t understand the game.
We highly recommend short games, especially for young children.
This is a great game when you understand it.
At first, we didn’t know what we were doing but finally learned and it got amazing.
You’re not supposed to look at someone’s guess and so you have to make sure your opponent looks away from the screen when you’re guessing.
Some people might find this game enjoyable.
The theme of this game is similar to Simon where you match the sequence of the buttons as they appear.
This was honestly the worst game of the bunch.
We didn’t understand how to play.
This is one of the better games we played from this rendition.
The game’s similarity to the original version of Mouse Trap made it fun.
- You can play the classic version or the remixed version of Hasbro games
- Play as your own avatar
- Supports playing online for competition
- Five games in one
- Yahtzee was terrible, the instructions got lost in translation
Everything considered, this is a great game.
We liked how it has five games in it for options.
If the five games were being sold separately, we wouldn’t recommend them to anyone but since they are packaged into one, we feel it is worth buying if you can find a great deal.
3) Madden NFL 13 – Nintendo Wii – Best Kids Sports Game
Having played Madden NFL over the years, I can easily say Madden NFL 13 is one of the best multiplayer Wii games.
The game was released in 2012 by Electronics Art (EA) sports to celebrate American Football.
Its graphics and user play are nothing like ever seen before. Thanks to the all-new and powerful infinity game engine.
Gameplay is easy and inclusive. If you’re a rookie, you can choose amateur mode, which simplifies gameplay and if you’re a pro, you can adjust the difficulty level to suit your abilities.
What’s more, you can choose your ideal controls on your controller based on your preferred buttons.
Commentary on the Madden NFL 13 is excellent. The commentators are spot on with the player names and never miss anything during play.
If you are an Eagles fan like myself, you will love the fireworks and when the supporters on the pitch sing “Fly Eagles Fly” for every touchdown.
This game makes me feel like I’m part of the crowd and there is no better feeling.
- Great graphics on the game
- Improved gameplay dynamics with new pass-ready system and new read-react defensive ready system
- Madden Social Play functionality with multiplayer support online and offline
- Ability to start a football career as an NFL coach, NFL superstar or as yourself
- Excellent commentary
- Play is not as streamlined as with other console types
All things considered, this is a great game to play.
The players in the game and atmosphere are life-like. We feel that this game is a great platform for playing as your favorite team and for competing with other teams for trophies.
4) Nintendo Wii Lego Star Wars Complete Sage Game + Dual Glow Sabers [Wii] – War Games For Kids
Maybe it has something to do with the long endless movies with a confusing storyline.
Luckily for me and all the people who feel the same way about the Star Wars saga, there is a much fun Star Wars to be excited about.
It is called the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga Game for the Wii.
For me, this game was not only a fun experience but it also allowed me to familiarize myself with the iconic storyline.
I can now confidently take part in a Star Wars conversation without feeling awkward and out of place.
While the game may not have captured George Lucas’ masterpiece, it was a fun and engaging way to help me understand where everything fits.
This game features over 160 new characters that can be customized according to your liking.
This complete saga also features an improved Challenge mode that includes fully revamped levels and super power-ups for a more exciting gaming experience.
The controls are typical Wii-like with the motion-capturing input technology.
- Comes with Dual Light Sabers Accessory
- Play through the whole Star Wars saga in 1 video game
- Motion-sensitive inputs creates exciting ways to control the Star Wars characters
- Enhanced Force powers that include a new Challenge mode, new power-ups, and revamped levels
- Over 160 new characters
- Enhanced Character Customizer
- The sabers are cheaply made
All in all, the Lego Star Wars is an immersive way to learn the Star Wars story.
The game provides an element of fun.
Thanks to the characters who are modeled after logo figures. Kids everywhere will love this game.
5) Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel – Perfect Game For Young Kids
As you can already guess, the only difference is that this particular game comes with a Wii wheel.
It features the familiar Mario characters that are aimed at creating family fun when playing.
I loved this game because it makes racing unique with the unique abilities of the Mario characters.
The controls for this game are easy especially if you have a wheel which enhances the dynamics of the game.
We had two Wii wheels and since everyone in our family considers themselves as the best driver, we participated in tournaments to determine the best driver.
The graphics of Mario kart Wii are good.
It features many race tracks that keep racing interesting and fun to be involved in since the tracks are unpredictable for most players.
The ability to drop objects such as banana peels and shells onto the race track makes racing even more interesting and unpredictable.
- Using the Wii wheel makes racing seem life-like
- Gamers can race their favorite Mario character
- This game supports multi-players
- You can use a motorbike if you want to perform special tricks
- Features special powers that characters use to win races
- No notable cons
If I’m being unbiased, this game exceeded all my expectations.
Graphics are great making it look better than I thought it would be.
This game will bring out the inner child out of you and put a permanent smile on your face.
6) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – Best Wii Game Under $50
I am a fan of the original Zelda from Nintendo.
Zelda Skyward Sword is pretty different from the original but it is not to say that it’s bad.
Contrary, the game might be a little bit difficult but that is the reason why I love it so much.
It was hilarious watching our 80-year old granny play as she couldn’t figure out the controls but we could tell she was having fun with it.
The graphics of Zelda Skyward Sword are great, even better than the previous version.
When you purchase it new, you get a music cd in the packaging.
We found it a nice touch since it is always great to receive free add-ons when you purchase a product.
This game has a variant for the Wii u and we believe it is one of the best Wii U games out there.
- Offers great adventure and great fun
- We think its sword combat fighting is one of the best in production games to date
- The game play tests both your mental and brawl skills
- You can analyze enemy attacks and counteract them with precise sword swings to defeat enemies
- The graphics and landscapes are truly out of this world. Explore a massive, multi-layered world that seamlessly blends soaring exploration some of the largest and most
- Features new challenging dungeons in the game play
- You can ride Birds across the vast skies and floating islands for quests and treasure hunting
- Features rare materials that can be used to upgrade your weapons and shields
- Comes in two confusing version. An American version and a world version that some purchasers claim it does not work on their consoles
Overall, we think this game is a true gem and a great addition to the Zelda series.
Everything about this game has stayed true to its DNA and added features like swinging the Wii controller like a sword have helped enhance the game’s dynamics.
I would recommend this game for Legend of Zelda fans and all avid gamers out there.
7) Mario Party 9 – Best Wii Multiplayer Game
The N64 original was probably my best release of the series until Mario Party 9.
This game has been a step up from the previous version Mario Party 8 thanks to the wholesome changes that have been made in this game.
This game has helped me relive my early teenage years when the first Mario Party series was first released.
The changes made in this game have helped enhance the dynamics of this game with the main change being characters moving together in one direction.
With this game, all the characters move in union in one direction in a car without the option of turning right or left.
Since the majority of traditional Wii gamers hold the Wii controller sideways, they will be happy with Mario Party 9 due to the lack of motion control input in this game.
Another change is players collect mini-stars instead of coins to upgrade their skills.
- Player ride through stages together in special vehicles
- Players take turns as vehicle drivers by hitting Dice Blocks
- Players encounter familiar Mario franchise elements in new settings
- Gamers earn Party Points to unlock special items and features
- Gamers combine their qualities to defeat foes
- This game is focused on single player mode
All things considered, the new mini-games and a mix of skill and strategy make Mario party 9 a fun game.
We recommend this game to anyone who enjoys adventure games and appreciates the Mario brothers series.
8) Carnival Games – Nintendo Wii – Best Wii Bundle Game
This game has captured the experience of the games found at a fair and amusement parks.
It features games like shooting ducks, bowling, horse racing, shooting stars, ring toss, basketball toss, frog jumper, coin on the plate toss, hole-in-one, football toss and much more.
The list is endless.
They have included a few extra games that require you to unlock with the prices you accumulated when playing the game.
Competition in this game has been structured to allow head-to-head face-offs against your opponents.
You can also create a tournament where you play five random games and then compare the points you earn against your opponent to find out the winner.
We found this game to be extremely entertaining and enhances healthy competition between opponents.
What we didn’t like about this game is that you have to play alone to win prizes for unlocking the locked games.
- You can only unlock the locked games from prices won by playing in single mode
Our verdict is that despite the minor drawbacks, the Carnival Games is a hoot.
You can enjoy all these games at the comfort of your home without having to attend a crowded fair or an amusement park to enjoy your favorite games.
9) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – Nintendo Wii – Experience Life of HP Series
While other Lego games are shallow in content, LEGO Harry Potter did a great job in including the source materials found in the Harry potter series.
The gameplay was simple and even the people who are not familiar with the Harry potter series will find this game to be a cakewalk.
With this game, you can explore every inch of Hogwarts while smashing and charming objects to find hidden gems and elements.
If you’re an avid gamer and like exploring every inch of the game before proceeding to the next level, you may encounter some glitches with the gameplay.
This is perhaps our biggest regret we have with this game.
We suspect the designers of the game didn’t account for players that like to explore since it gets confused when you unlock things ahead of schedule.
To enjoy the game without worrying that it might freeze, we recommend you first follow the instructions of the game then do some exploring later.
- Experience the life of Harry Potter through the LEGO video game expert
- Unlimited access to the Hogwarts castle including the Forbidden Forest and the Diagon Alley
- An immersive 3-D environment with the most detailed gameplay setting
- Play with over 100 possible character options
- Earn points by attending lessons, casting spells, mixing potions and flying on broomsticks
- The game hangs when you unlock locked objects and abilities ahead of schedule
Overall, this game was produced for children but we can recommend it for everyone especially the Harry Potter series fans.
The pleasure we got from this game made it easy to overlook that simple glitch in game play.
10) Kirby’s Return to Dream Land – Game Worth The Money
It has a similar platform with the other games in the series and supports multi-player mode.
The game starts when Kirby and his team are relaxing and goofing off as per usual when all of a sudden a ship from dark star crashes and makes a mess in the area.
Naturally, Kirby and his team go towards the wrecked ship to find the pilot and owner of the ship unconscious.
When the pilot comes to, he realizes the ship is ruined and asks Kirby and his team for assistance to gather all the ship’s parts.
The graphics of the game feature the same Gamecube graphics technology that Wii uses for its games.
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land is an involving game that tests your problem solving and critical thinking skills to progress to the next level.
What we liked about this game is that the multiplayer function makes it really easy for the players to participate in the game.
We also appreciated the game’s catchy tunes and we loved the plot twist later in the game.
It brought the element of surprise and helped improve the game’s dynamics.
- Classic motion-controlled gameplay experience
- Full of twists to make it an enjoyable experience for the players
- Features Kirby’s powerful ‘copy’ ability
- Players can deploy new abilities with ease
- Multiplayer support for up to four players
- Some players prefer the US version better than the World version
Overall, this is a good game full of adventure and fun twists in gameplay.
We recommend you buy this game because we believe it will only increase in value for the future.
11) Wii Party – Best Wii Party Game
Well, Wii party could be your answer as it’s more than just a video game but also creates a party to make sure everyone is having fun.
It features a mind-boggling 13 interactive party games and over 70 entertaining mini-games.
With close to 100 mini games, the Wii party will ensure your kid’s party is full of fun and games to entertain all kids.
This game will make the kids play all day and night without getting bored such that they will not want to leave your house and when they do, they will want to schedule another play date.
This game got into our list because it is not just a controller game where the kids curl up on the sofa and play with their controllers.
The Wii party makes use of a system where participants of the game get to interact with each other and with the game.
It allows kids to play popular games such as spoons and even the classic hide and seek game. It also features the best Wii games for dolphin.
If the kids are feeling united, they can play the balancing boat which involves balancing the boat and making sure it is steady.
For fostering healthy competition between the kids, you can suggest they play the Board Game Island that is educative and involves the kids’ IQ.
What we didn’t like about this game is that it only supports multi-player. If the players have Wii controllers so you might be required to ask other kids to carry their own controllers.
- Easy to use and understand. Everyone can be involved in the games
- Over 70 minigames in the single game
- Interactive game boards that involve kids input
- The game encourages players to interact with one another to affect the in-game process
- 13 different party game modes that bring fun into real life
- Multi-player requires all the players to have Wii controllers
We found the Wii party to be a unique game.
We discovered that the game is not only suitable for kids but can be played by adults in grownup parties to foster togetherness and competition.
With the Wii party, you are guaranteed interactive fun and you can even make a drinking game out of it to ensure there is never a dull moment.
12) Wii Sports Resort – Best Wii Sports Game
It features a variety of games that are bound to put a smile on your face.
A cool feature about this game is the creativity in the way it starts with a skydiving scene.
You will need the Motion Plus Accessory to play this game.
Below is a quick review of its mini-games:
This game involves slicing objects thrown at you and you must slice them before your opponent does
This game involves doing amazing tricks while riding a board attached to a boat to earn points
It has Frisbee Dog where a dog catches the Frisbee and Frisbee Golf where you use a Frisbee to play golf
This game tests your accuracy skills with far-away objects
Involves navigating your way through slaloms to earn points
You get to pilot a plane through barriers to earn points
Other straight forward games featured in Wii Sports Resort include Basketball, golf, table tennis, bowling, canoeing and cycling.
You earn points according to how good you are with these games.
- Wii Sports Resort takes sports to the next level
- The games are fun and entertaining
- The controls are intuitive
- Unprecedented game play precision
- You need a Wii Motion Plus to play this game
We recommend everyone to buy it whether you are a sports fan or not.
We found Wii Sports Resort to be engaging and fun to participate in.
13) Mario Kart Wii – Best Game For Boys
Car racing is just one of the high adrenaline activities that people enjoy to watch and participate in.
So whether it is NASCAR, Formula One, Rally Racing or even Street Racing, people like to see cars going fast.
The idea of pushing the gas pedal all the way to the floor fascinates people, especially young kids.
That is where the Mario Kart for Wii comes into play.
The game not only lets kids have fun and enjoy the adrenaline feeling of going fast but we cannot think of a better way of safely teaching them how to race.
While you may not get all the emotions and vibrant environment that comes with real racing cars, it is hard to argue that this game doesn’t come close.
The competition level and the reality of the gameplay is sure to get your blood boiling with excitement.
With this game, it’s recommended that you can use a Wii wheel to get the full experience of driving.
If you don’t have a Wii wheel, no need to panic since you can use the standard Wii controller to drive.
Another reason we loved this game is because it has an added twist where you can use any character from the Super Mario Bros franchise as the vehicle’s driver.
If you’re playing multiplayer there is plenty to choose from since the players can pick any one of Luigi, Mario, Toad, Princess Peach, Boom Boom or even Bowser himself.
- Supports online playing and multi-player
- Can use a Wii wheel to receive the whole driving experience
- You can perform speed-boosting wheelies and flips with a flick of a button
- Features Player characters from the super Mario Bros franchise rather than anonymous characters
- Lacks a “Play Again” option after a race. You have to go back to the menu to set up another race
Our final verdict on this game is that it is an interactive and fun way to bond with friends.
The game might lack a backbone story to it but it is sheer fun and adventurous.
You will never get bored with this game, the characters liven it up with their reflexes, athleticism and physical strength.
14) New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Best Wii Game Of All Time
Granted, the new Super Mario Bros has been tweaked here and there over the years but the early fans will really appreciate this Wii game because it has stayed true to its DNA.
Not only does it feature its iconic jingle while playing but the theme is basically the same too.
Mario and his brother Luigi, have to fight their way through numerous obstacles to save princess Peach Toadstool.
In the game, the princess a captive of the evil Bowser who has also brought chaos to Mushroom Kingdom, Mario and Luigi’s home.
We loved this game because it fully supports multi players.
In total four kids can play taking the roles of Mario, Luigi and lastly, Bowser’s henchmen.
The game features a propeller suit that allows the players to shoot their character into the sky, over the Mushroom Kingdom.
To do this, simply shake the Wii remote or Nunchuk to send your character high into the sky. Also, a cool feature is that Mario can now also transform into Penguin Mario.
- Propeller suit to send your character over Mushroom Kingdom
- Designed for both Kids and adults
- Kids get to use their bodies to save Princess Peach
- Fosters family fun when playing this game
- Original fans of the game get to relive their childhood memories
- No notable cons
We think that the New Super Mario Bros is one of the best Wii games for adults for its rich history.
In the Wii, you can enjoy saving Mushroom Kingdom and the princess with the use of your entire body as opposed to just using your fingers.
Not only does it allow parents to relive their early childhood memories but also represents great fun and bonding for the whole family.
15) Just Dance 2017 Wii – Best Game For Young Children
They have similar interfaces but features some minor improvements and newer songs.
We carried out a study and we discovered that everybody enjoys music and likes to dance.
So whether you’re an open dancer or a reserved dancer like myself, you will love this game.
This game has the latest music and will help you improve your dance skills to give you confidence and remove awkwardness when dancing in front of a crowd.
Just dance 2017 is beneficial in regards to physical fitness. Playing this game is not only fun but increases mobility and helps reduce muscle inflation especially for elderly people.
So if you are a parent and are afraid that your kid is at risk of becoming obese, you can get this game for them as a way of helping them shed some weight.
What’s more, Just dance features the latest popular songs from artists such as Black Eyed Peas, One Direction, Lady Gage and others.
These songs were hitting the radio airwaves as recently as January 2017 so you can learn the latest dance moves or you can also do karaoke if you prefer.
That’s right, you can hold a singing competition among your friends and family with karaoke mode.
- Arguably the best dance game in the market
- Features some of the hottest hit tracks of the year
- Great fun for all ages
- Available on Wii U system
- No extra Wii Remotes required. You can use your smartphone as a controller with the free Just Dance app
- Cannot sense all your body movements
Just Dance 2017 is one of those simple but sophisticated games that are fun for everyone involved.
All things considered, this game is great for enhancing your dance and singing skills and can be used as your workout companion with Sweat mode.
Well, since the general perception about gaming is that it is for lazy people and many people actually associate obesity and overweight to gaming, this game moves to dispute that perception.
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board is a unique workout game.
It cleverly uses its Balance Board to measure your weight and when you enter your height, it calculates your BMI index to determine your height-weight ratio.
Not only does the game help people shed off some weight by setting up workout routines but also tells you if you are underweight to help you gain weight through suggesting the right diet.
It also uses humor to describe your weight (however, it is worth noting that some people might get offended by those comments).
On the bright side, it features great workout sceneries that once you start working out, you will forget about the comments.
What’s more, you can walk, run, jump, or even use a Segway to explore the scenery and even fly around from island to island by flapping your arms.
How we picked the Best Wii games?
Given the Wii’s unique gaming dynamics, it was not easy picking the best games for the console.
Our focus area was determining which games were best suited for the Wii’s revolutionary motion-capturing inputs.
The gaming experience of the Wii is of a unique nature to traditional gaming consoles and therefore studies were carried out to determine the effects of this new experience to the gamers.
The studies revealed that motion-controlled inputs were extremely beneficial not only to young gamers but also old gamers as it involved both mental and physical stimulation.
With this new information, we applied our efforts in identifying Wii games that will help boost kids’ mental and physical development.
We talked to parents to give us their view on which games they thought were most involving when they played or when their kids played.
Best Wii Games Buyer’s Guide – Factors to Consider When Choosing Wii Games?
Wii Game Ratings
The Entertainment Software Rating board (ESRB) is the body in charge of rating video games.
Parents don’t want to buy questionable games for their kids and that is why the ESRB is involved in categorizing games.
Usually, games are categorized from EC (Early Childhood) audience to M (Mature) audience.
Games rated T are meant for teenage audiences.
EC-Rated Wii Games
EC-Rated games are for young children below age five and are simplistic and easy to use for children.
These kinds of Wii games are great for providing a bonding experience between parents and children.
Most of Wii EC games feature characters from children’s cartoons and educational TV shows.
Games rated E are for “Everyone”.
These E-rated games are ideal for all audiences but may be a little bit more challenging than EC-rated games for young children.
Some games such as action games, adventure games, and motor games may be a little bit more complex for children that haven’t perfected their gaming skills.
E10+-Rated Wii Games
Games rated E10+ are suitable for all audiences aged 10 and above.
The games are a level challenging than E-rated games but not as complicated as T-rated and M-rated games.
However, parents may still buy E10+ kinds of games for slightly younger children if they feel the theme is appropriate for their kids.
Wii Dance Games for Kids
There are many of dance games for the Wii gaming console and those games have proved popular with audiences that love to dance.
Dance games are good for fostering health dance competition between kids but parents should make an effort to regulate the songs children are dancing to.
Unfortunately, some songs are not appropriate for children and that is why parents should look for dancing games oriented for children.
Finding Wii Games for Children on Amazon
Finding Wii games for children on Amazon is as easy as entering a search in the search box.
As a parent looking for a game, ask your child which kind of game he or she likes and enter the keywords in amazon.
When the search results appear, look into each and every game’s description to ensure that it’s the game your kid requested.
Also, don’t forget to check its rating to ensure it’s suitable for your child.
Once you’ve picked the game, there are a few things you need to do before finalizing the purchase.
You can find both used and new games on Amazon, so first, ensure the game is in good condition.
Secondly, if the game is not new, you can contact the seller to find more details about its quality.
Finally, if you’re satisfied with it, you can make the payment.
Wii Games and Children’s Development
When you look up best Wii games Reddit, Amazon, or any other platform you will get various results with each platform displaying different games.
There have been numerous debates on whether gaming is good for the development of kids, with some critics even going as far as saying that gaming is a leading cause of obesity.
However, when it comes to the Wii, these critics have no basis since the Wii console is designed to encourage physical activity from its audience.
The system features motion-sensitive input that requires the audience to move their arms and bodies to interact with the game.
Games such that have a sports or dance theme are very physical demanding which helps the players develop their psychomotor skills.
With the Wii, players not only develop their psychomotor skills but also helps them enhance their problem-solving skills as well as their imagination and creativity.
Complex adventure games tap into players’ strategic thinking while also helps nature their ability to predict consequences of actions.
Best Wii Games Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the Wii U system play Wii games?
Yes, it can.
In fact, it can play all Wii games. There is also a dedicated Wii Shop Channel available for Wii U for purchasing and downloading digital Wii games.
With this system, you can forget Wii titles and accessories that use the Nintendo GameCube controller ports.
Will my Wii Remote controllers work with the Wii U system?
Yes, it can.
All Wii controllers work on the Wii U console.
However, most Wii U games need a Wii Remote Plus controller or a Wii remote with a Wii MotionPlus accessory to work.
Can I play a game on the Wii U GamePad and watch TV at the same time?
Yes, it is possible provided the game supports off-TV play.
You will be able to use your GamePad to play games while watching TV.
For more information regarding the same, refer to the user manual.
Can I use Nintendo eShop funds on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems?
You can use the eShop funds on both gaming systems only if they are linked to the same eShop account.
In fact, you can find the best Wii U games on the Nintendo eShop.
Where can I find out about new and upcoming games?
New and upcoming games are announced on the Nintendo eShop where you can easily browse or search for them.
You can also find both new and classic digital versions of games on the Nintendo eShop. They also feature the highest rated games, for example, you can find the best Wii games 2016.
How loud is the Wii?
The Wii is not loud at all.
You can barely hear it from a foot away. When we tested it against other consoles, the PS4 and Xbox, it was the quietest among the three while the Xbox was the loudest.
Can you connect and play media from a USB hard drive?
Unfortunately, the Wii cannot connect and load media from a USB drive.
When you connect a USB drive, you can hear it turn on but nothing happens.
This is because the Wii does not support USB drives, therefore you cannot transfer media such as games, music, videos and photos to the console.
Is it possible to attach an external keyboard, mouse, etc. to the USB ports on the back of the Wii?
Yes, you can but they won’t work.
Using the onboard keyboard on the Wii and other gaming consoles can be very frustrating but you have to persist since using an external keyboard is out of reach.
Unfortunately, the Wii does not support external input devices such as a keyboard and a mouse.
Does the Wii upconvert non-Wii games?
Component cables allow you to upscale non-Wii games to EDTV/480p.
An advantage of using component cables is that the display won’t revert back to 480i, but it’s not that the graphics are going to look any better.
Which audio / video / image formats work with the Wii?
The Wii’s manual states that it only supports JPEG images, motion JPEG movies, and MP3 audio.
However, we tested with all formats we could get our hands on and they all worked on the device.
Some of the formats we tested include, GIF and PNG images, AAC, OGG, WMA, MP3, WAV, AIF and FLAC audio and WMA, H.264, XviD and other video formats.
Inserting an SD card with photos and videos into Wii, do they need to be converted to display/save onto Wii?
No, you don’t need to convert the photos and videos since the Wii can read pretty much any media file.
What are the load times for the games?
Different games have different loading times but most games don’t clock into the minute’s territory.
Despite its superior loading times than other disc-based consoles, we think it should do better since its games have less data than competition from other gaming consoles.
Is the sensor bar really that distracting?
It is not distracting at all.
However, if you do not fasten it in place using the double sided tape on its bottom, it might keep falling.
How long do the Wii batteries last? Are they rechargeable? Nunchuck change the battery life much?
The Wii controller uses AA batteries to work so their duration varies according to your usage patterns.
They can last a week, two weeks or even months from the time you start using them.
Wii controller Bluetooth-compliant or RF? What happens pairing it with a Bluetooth 2.0EDR capable PC?
Yes, the Wii controller is Bluetooth compliant.
Unlike the PS3 controller, the Wii controller has a sync button that activates its discoverable mode.
You can search for the controller with your smartphone or your Bluetooth 2.0 EDR capable PC but it simply won’t pair.
Does the Wii support WPA?
Yes, it does.
Final Words – Wrapping it up
Although all games are created to provide a fun experience, various games are created for different purposes.
For example, there are kid games that are created mostly for fun and don’t have much content in them.
There are also sports games for sports lovers and car games for car lovers.
Lastly, there are adventure games like God of War, Prince of Persia, etc. for a more mature audience that love a bit of challenge.
All in all, if you’re buying these games for your kids or yourself, the Wii’s innovative gaming technology is one of the most entertaining systems that you can buy.