Most people use yoga as a relaxation technique but for avid gamer like myself, our version of yoga is playing our favorite Wii games. When it comes to gaming consoles, Nintendo is right up there in the production of the best consoles. Just like its main competitors, the Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox it has a loyal following especially thanks to its innovative motion control input technology.
Naturally, you’d find some games being offered on all platforms but some games are specially designed for specific gaming consoles. If you’re in the market for Wii games for your children, we have featured below 25 of the best Wii games forever for kids & adults in 2019.
Table of Contents
Wii Games Comparison Chart
Best Wii Game Reviews
Here are the high rated Wii-games listed below.
1) Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board – Best Wii Exercise Game
First on our list is Wii Fit Plus. With this game, you can play a variety of mini-games without leaving the comfort of your living room. My favorite mini-game is the Bulls-Eye game where you flap your arms to fly from one island to another.
Since most activities are found on islands, you can move around them through flying, walking, floating, bouncing and using a Segway. If you’re like me and hate starting over whenever you hit an object, this game lets you navigate your way back on track without having to start over.
This game has so many options for making your own routine and doing selected activities of your choice. You can now save any yoga activities and strength training activities that you choose to take part in. The balance board measures your weight and when you enter your height, the game calculates your BMI index.
The Wii game will rightly notify you if you are underweight or overweight and help you either lose or gain weight. It features amazing sceneries and challenges to help keep you motivated to work out.
Also, the more you work out and move closer to your goals, you unlock more activities to help you reach your goals. You can also include your friend for motivation and competition.
- The game comes with a Wii Balance Board
- Players can set their workout times and activities they want to participate in
- Ability to run across platforms in different modes such as running, walking, flying, jumping and others
- Offers a wide range of customizable options to enhance workout sessions
- Players also can see the number of calories they burnt and even weigh their pets
- If you don’t have a great sense of humor, you might get offended with its comments about your weight
2) Wii Sports – Best Wii Game for Teens
This video game showcases how video games should be exciting to everyone. The amazing game provides five unique sports experiences, each of them using Wii remote controller to offer a realistic, intuitive, and natural feel.
Playing this game is just a breeze – all you require to do is to pick up your controller and be ready for the pitch. If you have ever experienced any of these games before, you are more than ready to go.
Get a chance to play boxing, bowling, golf, baseball, and tennis, all in the comfort of your living room.
- Features five games in one
- It is a standalone game
- It is made available while bundled with Wii
- Practice sessions are not easily accessible
3) Madden NFL 13 – Best Kids Sports Game
Having played Madden NFL over the years, I can easily say Madden NFL 13 is one of the best multiplayer Wii games. The game was released in 2012 by Electronics Art (EA) sports to celebrate American Football.
Its graphics and user play are nothing like ever seen before. Thanks to the all-new and powerful infinity game engine.
Gameplay is easy and inclusive. If you’re a rookie, you can choose the amateur mode, which simplifies gameplay and if you’re a pro, you can adjust the difficulty level to suit your abilities.
What’s more, you can choose your ideal controls on your controller based on your preferred buttons. Commentary on the Madden NFL 13 is excellent. The commentators are spot on with the player names and never miss anything during play.
If you are an Eagles fan like myself, you will love the fireworks and when the supporters on the pitch sing “Fly Eagles Fly” for every touchdown. This game makes me feel like I’m part of the crowd and there is no better feeling.
- Great graphics on the game
- Improved gameplay dynamics with a new pass-ready system and new read-react defensive ready system
- Madden Social Play functionality with support online and offline
- Ability to start a football career as an NFL coach, NFL superstar or as yourself
- Excellent commentary
- The play is not as streamlined as with other console types
4) Lego Star Wars Complete Sage Game + Dual Glow Sabers – War Game For Kids
Luckily for me and all the people who feel the same way about the Star Wars saga, there is a much fun Star Wars to be excited about.
It is called the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga Game for the Wii.
For me, this game was not only a fun experience but it also allowed me to familiarize myself with the iconic storyline. I can now confidently take part in a Star Wars conversation without feeling awkward and out of place.
While the game may not have captured George Lucas’ masterpiece, it was a fun and engaging way to help me understand where everything fits. This game features over 160 new characters that can be customized according to your liking.
This complete saga also features an improved Challenge mode that includes fully revamped levels and super power-ups for a more exciting gaming experience. The controls are typical Wii-like with the motion-capturing input technology.
- Comes with Dual Light Sabers Accessory
- Play through the whole Star Wars saga in 1 video game
- Motion-sensitive inputs create exciting ways to control the Star Wars characters
- Enhanced Force powers that include a new Challenge mode, new power-ups, and revamped levels
- Over 160 new characters
- Enhanced Character Customizer
- The sabers are cheaply made
5) Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel – Perfect Game For Young Kids
It features the familiar Mario characters that are aimed at creating family fun when playing. I loved this game because it makes racing unique with the unique abilities of the Mario characters.
The controls for this game are easy especially if you have a wheel which enhances the dynamics of the game. We had two Wii wheels and since everyone in our family considers themselves as the best driver, we participated in tournaments to determine the best driver.
The graphics of Mario Kart Wii are good. It features many race tracks that keep racing interesting and fun to be involved in since the tracks are unpredictable for most players.
The ability to drop objects such as banana peels and shells onto the race track makes racing even more interesting and unpredictable.
- Using the Wii wheel makes racing seem life-like
- Gamers can race their favorite Mario character
- This game supports multi-players
- You can use a motorbike if you want to perform special tricks
- Features special powers that characters use to win races
- No notable cons
6) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – Best Wii-Game Under $50
Contrary, the game might be a little bit difficult but that is the reason why I love it so much. It was hilarious watching our 80-year old granny play as she couldn’t figure out the controls but we could tell she was having fun with it.
The graphics of Zelda Skyward Sword are great, even better than the previous version. When you purchase it new, you get a music cd in the packaging.
We found it a nice touch since it is always great to receive free add-ons when you purchase a product.
This game has a variant for the Wii u and we believe it is one of the best Wii U games out there.
- Offers great adventure and great fun
- We think its sword combat fighting is one of the best in production games to date
- The gameplay tests both your mental and brawl skills
- You can analyze enemy attacks and counteract them with precise sword swings to defeat enemies
- The graphics and landscapes are truly out of this world. Explore a massive, multilayered world that seamlessly blends soaring exploration some of the largest and most
- Features new challenging dungeons in the gameplay
- You can ride Birds across the vast skies and floating islands for quests and treasure hunting
- Features rare materials that can be used to upgrade your weapons and shields
- Comes in two confusing version. An American version and a world version that some purchasers claim it does not work on their consoles
7) Mario Party 9 – Best Wii Multiplayer Game
This game has been a step up from the previous version Mario Party 8 thanks to the wholesome changes that have been made in this game. Mario Party 9 has helped me relive my early teenage years when the first Mario Party series was first released.
The changes made in this game have helped enhance the dynamics of this game with the main change being characters moving together in one direction. With this game, all the characters move in a union in one direction in a car without the option of turning right or left.
Since the majority of traditional Wii gamers hold the Wii controller sideways, they will be happy with Mario Party 9 due to the lack of motion control input in this game. Another change is players collect mini-stars instead of coins to upgrade their skills.
- Player ride through stages together in special vehicles
- Players take turns as vehicle drivers by hitting Dice Blocks
- Players encounter familiar Mario franchise elements in new settings
- Gamers earn Party Points to unlock special items and features
- Gamers combine their qualities to defeat foes
- This game is focused on single player mode
8) Carnival Games – Best Wii Bundle Game
It features games like shooting ducks, bowling, horse racing, shooting stars, ring toss, basketball toss, frog jumper, coin on the plate toss, hole-in-one, football toss and much more.
The list is endless. They have included a few extra games that require you to unlock with the prices you accumulated when playing the game.
Competition in this game has been structured to allow head-to-head face-offs against your opponents. You can also create a tournament where you play five random games and then compare the points you earn against your opponent to find out the winner.
We found this game to be extremely entertaining and enhances healthy competition between opponents.
- Features over 20 different carnival games
- All games can be played with the Wii Remote
- Games such as the Milk Can Toss and Lucky Cups test your skills
- Features classic games like the always-popular Dunk Tank
- There are over 250 prizes to win
- You can only unlock the locked games from prices won by playing in single mode
9) LEGO Harry Potter – Experience Life of HP Series
While other Lego games are shallow in content, LEGO Harry Potter did a great job in including the source materials found in the Harry Potter series.
The gameplay was simple and even the people who are not familiar with the Harry Potter series will find this game to be a cakewalk. With this game, you can explore every inch of Hogwarts while smashing and charming objects to find hidden gems and elements.
If you’re an avid gamer and like exploring every inch of the game before proceeding to the next level, you may encounter some glitches with the gameplay. This is perhaps our biggest regret we have with this game.
To enjoy the game without worrying that it might freeze, we recommend you first follow the instructions of the game then do some exploring later.
- Experience the life of Harry Potter through the LEGO video game expert
- Unlimited access to the Hogwarts castle including the Forbidden Forest and the Diagon Alley
- An immersive 3-D environment with the most detailed gameplay setting
- Play with over 100 possible character options
- Earn points by attending lessons, casting spells, mixing potions and flying on broomsticks
- The game hangs when you unlock locked objects and abilities ahead of schedule
10) Kirby’s Return to Dream Land – Game Worth The Money
After playing Kirby’s gaming series for over ten years, Kirby’s Return to Dream Land has matched the success of the previous games. It has a similar platform with the other games in the series and supports multi-player mode.
The game starts when Kirby and his team are relaxing and goofing off as per usual when all of a sudden a ship from dark star crashes and makes a mess in the area. Naturally, Kirby and his team go towards the wrecked ship to find the pilot and owner of the ship unconscious.
When the pilot comes to, he realizes the ship is ruined and asks Kirby and his team for assistance to gather all the ship’s parts. The graphics of the game feature the same Gamecube graphics technology that Wii uses for its games.
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land is an involving game that tests your problem solving and critical thinking skills to progress to the next level.
What we liked about this game is that the multiplayer function makes it really easy for the players to participate in the game. We also appreciated the game’s catchy tunes and we loved the plot twist later in the game. It brought the element of surprise and helped improve the game’s dynamics.
- The classic motion-controlled gameplay experience
- Full of twists to make it an enjoyable experience for the players
- Features Kirby’s powerful ‘copy’ ability
- Players can deploy new abilities with ease
- Multiplayer support for up to four players
- Some players prefer the US version better than the World version
11) Wii Party – Best Wii Party Game
Well, Wii party could be your answer as it’s more than just a video game but also creates a party to make sure everyone is having fun.
It features a mind-boggling 13 interactive party games and over 70 entertaining mini-games.
With close to 100 mini-games, the Wii party will ensure your kid’s party is full of fun and games to entertain all kids.
This game will make the kids play all day and night without getting bored such that they will not want to leave your house and when they do, they will want to schedule another playdate.
This game got into our list because it is not just a controller game where the kids curl up on the sofa and play with their controllers.
The Wii party makes use of a system where participants of the game get to interact with each other and with the game. It allows kids to play popular games such as spoons and even the classic hide and seek game. It also features the Wii games for dolphin.
If the kids are feeling united, they can play the balancing boat which involves balancing the boat and making sure it is steady. For fostering healthy competition between the kids, you can suggest they play the Board Game Island that is educative and involves the kids’ IQ.
- Easy to use and understand. Everyone can be involved in the games
- Over 70 minigames in the single game
- Interactive game boards that involve kids input
- The game encourages players to interact with one another to affect the in-game process
- 13 different party game modes that bring fun into real life
- Multi-player requires all the players to have Wii controllers
We found the Wii party to be a unique game. We discovered that the game is not only suitable for kids but can be played by adults in grownup parties to foster togetherness and competition.
12) Wii Sports Resort – Best Wii Sports Game
A cool feature about this game is the creativity in the way it starts with a skydiving scene.
You will need the Motion Plus Accessory to play this game.
Below is a quick review of its mini-games:
- Swordplay: This game involves slicing objects thrown at you and you must slice them before your opponent does.
- Wakeboarding: This game involves doing amazing tricks while riding a board attached to a boat to earn points.
- Frisbee: It has Frisbee Dog where a dog catches the Frisbee and Frisbee Golf where you use a Frisbee to play golf
- Archery: This game tests your accuracy skills with far-away objects
- Power Cruising: Involves navigating your way through slaloms to earn points
- Air Sports: You get to pilot a plane through barriers to earning points
Other straightforward games featured in Wii Sports Resort include Basketball, golf, table tennis, bowling, canoeing, and cycling.
You earn points according to how good you are with these games.
- Wii Sports Resort takes sports to the next level
- The games are fun and entertaining
- The controls are intuitive
- Unprecedented gameplay precision
- You need a Wii Motion Plus to play this game
13) Mario Kart Wii – Best Game For Boys
So whether it is NASCAR, Formula One, Rally Racing or even Street Racing, people like to see cars going fast. The idea of pushing the gas pedal all the way to the floor fascinates people, especially young kids.
That is where the Mario Kart for Wii comes into play. The game not only lets kids have fun and enjoy the adrenaline feeling of going fast but we cannot think of a better way of safely teaching them how to race.
While you may not get all the emotions and vibrant environment that comes with real racing cars, it is hard to argue that this game doesn’t come close.
The competition level and the reality of the gameplay is sure to get your blood boiling with excitement.
With this game, it’s recommended that you can use a Wii wheel to get the full experience of driving. If you don’t have a Wii wheel, no need to panic since you can use the standard Wii controller to drive.
Another reason we loved this game is that it has an added twist where you can use any character from the Super Mario Bros franchise as the vehicle’s driver.
If you’re playing multiplayer there is plenty to choose from since the players can pick any one of Luigi, Mario, Toad, Princess Peach, Boom Boom or even Bowser himself.
- Supports online playing and multi-player
- Can use a Wii wheel to receive the whole driving experience
- You can perform speed-boosting wheelies and flips with a flick of a button
- Features Player characters from the Super Mario Bros franchise rather than anonymous characters
- Lacks a “Play Again” option after a race. You have to go back to the menu to set up another race
14) New Super Mario Bros. – Best Of All Time
Granted, the new Super Mario Bros has been tweaked here and there over the years but the early fans will really appreciate this Wii game because it has stayed true to its DNA.
Not only does it feature its iconic jingle while playing but the theme is basically the same too. Mario and his brother Luigi, have to fight their way through numerous obstacles to save Princess Peach Toadstool.
In the game, the princess a captive of the evil Bowser who has also brought chaos to the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario and Luigi’s home. We loved this game because it fully supports multi-players.
In total four kids can play taking the roles of Mario, Luigi and lastly, Bowser’s henchmen. The game features a propeller suit that allows the players to shoot their character into the sky, over the Mushroom Kingdom. To do this, simply shake the Wii remote or Nunchuk to send your character high into the sky.
Also, a cool feature is that Mario can now also transform into Penguin Mario.
- Propeller suit to send your character over the Mushroom Kingdom
- Designed for both Kids and adults
- Kids get to use their bodies to save Princess Peach
- Fosters family fun when playing this game
- Original fans of the game get to relive their childhood memories
- No notable cons
We think that the New Super Mario Bros is one of the top Wii games for adults for its rich history. In the Wii, you can enjoy saving the Mushroom Kingdom and the princess with the use of your entire body as opposed to just using your fingers.
15) Just Dance 2017 – Best Game For Young Children
We carried out a study and we discovered that everybody enjoys music and likes to dance. So whether you’re an open dancer or a reserved dancer like myself, you will love this game.
This game has the latest music and will help you improve your dance skills to give you confidence and remove awkwardness when dancing in front of a crowd.
Just dance is beneficial in regards to physical fitness. Playing this game is not only fun but increases mobility and helps reduce muscle inflation especially for elderly people.
So if you are a parent and are afraid that your kid is at risk of becoming obese, you can get this game for them as a way of helping them shed some weight.
What’s more, Just dance features the latest popular songs from artists such as Black Eyed Peas, One Direction, Lady Gaga and others. These songs were hitting the radio airwaves as recently as January 2017 so you can learn the latest dance moves or you can also do karaoke if you prefer.
That’s right, you can hold a singing competition among your friends and family with karaoke mode.
- Arguably the best dance game in the market
- Features some of the hottest hit tracks of the year
- Great fun for all ages
- Available on Wii U system
- No extra Wii Remotes required. You can use your smartphone as a controller with the free Just Dance app
- Cannot sense all your body movements
16) Hasbro Family Game Night 3 – Best Wii-Game Under $100
This Wii game is one of those games that features multiple games on the same disc. It has five games that I’ll rate quickly.
- Life: For us, this was the best game of the bunch. Life gives you an option, you can either play a quick game or long game. We felt that the long games took too much time and people could easily lose interest especially if they didn’t understand the game. We highly recommend short games, especially for young children.
- Clue: This is a great game when you understand it. At first, we didn’t know what we were doing but finally learned and it got amazing. You’re not supposed to look at someone’s guess and so you have to make sure your opponent looks away from the screen when you’re guessing.
- Twister: Some people might find this game enjoyable. The theme of this game is similar to Simon where you match the sequence of the buttons as they appear.
- Yahtzee: This was honestly the worst game of the bunch. We didn’t understand how to play.
- Mouse Trap: This is one of the better games we played from this rendition. The game’s similarity to the original version of Mouse Trap made it fun.
- You can play the classic version or the remixed version of Hasbro games
- Play as your own avatar
- Supports playing online for competition
- Five games in one
- Yahtzee was terrible, the instructions got lost in translation
17) Sonic Sega All Stars Racing – Best Multiplayer Wii Games
The game involves exploring spectacular new routes like Curien Mansion, Blizzard Castle, and Sonic Seaside Hill, as you race under canopies of lush rainforest, move through busy city jams and go around medieval castle fortifications.
Shove against 20 challengers like Amigo from Samba, evil Dr. Egg man and Super Monkey Ball’s AiAi in your exceptional character vehicle. Outdo the pack by launching offensive character moves like invincible Super Sonic, and dodging traps.
Challenge your friends as you battle it out in single player. You can compete in 8 players online action if not 4 player split-screen. Time Attack, Grand Prix, and Arcade are the game modes. From Amigo, AiAi, Sonic, Tails among others, choose from Sonic and Sega 20 different characters, all as your best racers.
To make special maneuvers, each character drives their own exclusive vehicles of high velocity like huge trucks, bikes, sports cars, and planes. Take on a competitor with a variety of weapons to pick from, including mines, missiles among other obstacles, or 20 distinctive character moves like Samba’s conga line, Tails’ tornado among others.
Compete over medieval castle battlements, under canopies of lush rainforest and through busy cityscapes as you push the way through 24 challenging trails from the Universe of Sonic and SEGA.
- The variety of courses, drivers, vehicles, and surroundings makes the game interesting
- Easy to play for children as young as 3years old, unlike other games
- It is worth its price and affordable
- The graphics of the game are accurate; sharp imagery, bright colors and great overall animation
- It has a variety of characters from which to choose
- Boosts the player’s creative and manipulative skills
- The game’s music is good and upbeat
- The game is a multiplayer
- The game has decent standards; good language and grooming of characters
- The loading time is not instant enough between saves
- It turns out to be boring at times to those who have played better similar games
- Sometimes it develops problems of playability, but in isolated cases
- It alienates new players who might be playing against a regular player, lowering chances of victory
- Some courses may be challenging to the player
18) Lego Batman – Best for Batman Lovers
The Caped Crusader strives to strip Gotham of criminal activities by all means possible, including baddie-bashing gadgets and crime-fighting vehicles.
You can create chaos as Catwoman, The Joker, and other villains, or fight for justice as Robin and Batman as you destroy or save Gotham City. Bound across rooftops as you rocket through sewers, taking a fight to criminals across strategic spots in Gotham City.
You can also fight on seas, in the air, and on land using Robin, Batman and villain-controlled vehicles, sleek Batboat, stealthy Batwing and rocket-powered Batmobile.
- The game is adventurous, arouses curiosity and is entertaining to the kids
- Once the kids play one version, they learn to play the next
- The game instills the value of teamwork in the child as it grows
- It is worth its price and affordable
- Lack of extinction of the main character in the game is encouraging to the game player
- Some game’s objectives are not achievable by a child without the parental hand, especially those who are 4 years old and below
- Some levels consume time in figuring out what to do, thereby ending up fighting losing battles upon settling on crude criminals
- The game gets a bit repetitive, making impatient kids bored fairly quickly
19. Go Vacation – Best for Vacations
Kawawii is entirely packed with a vast range of activities spanning from simple carnival games, thrill sports like skydiving, surfing, and river rafting all the way to horseback riding and vehicle racing.
You can also take things slower and relax as you explore the amazing island with your pet. As the best Wii multiplayer game for children and parents, the game encourages kids and parents to play together thanks to its ability to support up to 4 players.
You’ll need some time to get used to the controls. However, it becomes smooth sailing fun once you get used.
- Provides fun too as much as 4 players
- Features multiple ways to play
- Suitable for the whole family
- Features many activities full of fun
- Provides a real vacation experience
- You can replay your vacation memories
- Unsuitable for competitive players
- You may take longer to get used to the controls
20. Scooby Doo First Frights – Best Game Featuring Scooby
You’ll collect clues and get a solution which can be used to solve the mystery. This best Wii games for adults boasts a 3D action platform which is full of fun.
The platform features 4 all-new mysteries spanning across more than 20 levels. Experience foreboding castle, haunted high school, and phantom cruise ship.
You can play the game with your friends or switch between characters at any time utilizing 2 player co-op with simple drop-out, drop-in gameplay.
It is therefore not recommendable for children under the age of eight.
- Features a wide array of unique character costumes
- Experience a vast variety of new mysteries
- Challenge yourself as you go past the 22 levels of the game
- Experience hours of entertainment with free play modes and storylines
- Unsuitable for kids under the age of 8 years
21. Super Mario Galaxy 2 – New Adventurous Game
It features out-of-this-planet platforming across a broad range of distinctive planets and space surroundings known as galaxies.
While it uses the same mechanics as its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 starts off as a 2D sidescrolling event and culminates into a full-blown 3D adventure.
Nintendo not only took the best parts of the original and made them better, but it also took away what didn’t work the first time. This and the fact that the game is a delight for children is what makes it one of the best Wii games right now.
- The game is intuitive and incredibly fun
- Designed to be accessible to anyone of any skill level, thus great for kids
- The soundtrack is even more powerful
- Music is more fully orchestrated than before
- It is basically a one-player game
22. Wii Play – Best Fun Game
With its diverse collection of a wide variety of games, it allows many players to play exciting games simultaneously.
It features WiiRemote’s intuitive controls that make it easy for anyone to master shooting range, fishing and Billiards, and any of the Wii games with great ease.
- Most of the games are easy to master and play
- Games are entertaining and fun to play
- The game holds up well and works perfectly on either the Wii or Wii U system
- Some of the games are hard to master and you can get confused about which controller to use
23. Sonic Colors
Its amusement park themed setting is awash with many colors and lots of variety in the world/level designs.
It presents non-stop high-speed action and offers a perfect combination of classic 2D and 3D perspectives on Wii.
- Outstanding visuals
- Excellent wisp implementation
- A wide array of controllers
- Nice music and neat songs
- Game-specific power-ups are quite creative and fun
- Some levels are too short
- The main game is a single-player game
- Some controls are confusing
The only exception is that you have to make use of a Wii-mote.
The fact that this game comes with 2 multiplayer modes make it a good choice for those who love playing as a group.
The first one is the competitive mode, which engages 2-4 players.
The second is the cooperative mode that engages 2 players.
Furthermore, 20 new levels were developed just for this console game.
What’s more is that it works with all Wii consoles and Wii U consoles.
If you love fast games, Angry Birds Star Wars might not be the game for you.
- The game is easy to master and play
- It contains real challenge with surprisingly clever twists
- It has a huge variety of perfectly-tuned stages
- The game is a bit slow
- Can be difficult for very young kids
25. Game Party 3
Other games include Trivia, Skill Ball, Shuffleboard, QB Challenge, Puck Bowling, Ping Cup, Lawn Darts, Horseshoes, Hoop Shoot, Darts, and Beanbags.
It comes with a “Create-a-Player” feature that enables players to create unique characters to match their style.
For every ability level, it engages multi-players in interesting competitions.
Up to 4 players can play concurrently and compete for the top score.
What’s more is that up to sixteen players can play in bracketed tournaments.
- This game has a broad array of exciting games to choose from
- It includes very fun and easy-to-play games for the whole family
- It promotes social gaming as it has a multi-player feature
- Graphics could be better
- Many questions are too difficult for the young ones
- Some features promote violent acts
Well, since the general perception about gaming is that it is for lazy people and many people actually associate obesity and overweight to gaming, this game moves to dispute that perception.
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board is a unique workout game.
It cleverly uses its Balance Board to measure your weight and when you enter your height, it calculates your BMI index to determine your height-weight ratio.
Not only does the game help people shed off some weight by setting up workout routines but also tells you if you are underweight to help you gain weight by suggesting the right diet.
It also uses humor to describe your weight (however, it is worth noting that some people might get offended by those comments). On the bright side, it features great workout sceneries that once you start working out, you will forget about the comments.
What’s more, you can walk, run, jump, or even use a Segway to explore the scenery and even fly around from island to island by flapping your arms.
How did we pick?
Given the Wii’s unique gaming dynamics, it was not easy picking the best games for the console. Our focus area was determining which games were best suited for the Wii’s revolutionary motion-capturing inputs.
The gaming experience of the Wii is of a unique nature to traditional gaming consoles and therefore studies were carried out to determine the effects of this new experience to the gamers.
The studies revealed that motion-controlled inputs were extremely beneficial not only to young gamers but also old gamers as it involved both mental and physical stimulation.
With this new information, we applied our efforts in identifying Wii games that will help boost kids’ mental and physical development. We talked to parents to give us their view on which games they thought were most involving when they played or when their kids played.
Buying Guide- 7 Factors to Consider When Choosing Best Wii Games
#1. Wii Game Ratings
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is the body in charge of rating video games. Parents don’t want to buy questionable games for their kids and that is why the ESRB is involved in categorizing games. Usually, games are categorized from EC (Early Childhood) audience to M (Mature) audience. Games rated T are meant for teenage audiences.
#2. EC-Rated Wii Games
EC-Rated games are for young children below age five and are simplistic and easy to use for children. These kinds of Wii games are great for providing a bonding experience between parents and children. Most of Wii EC games feature characters from children’s cartoons and educational TV shows.
#3. E-Rated Games
Games rated E is for “Everyone”. These E-rated games are ideal for all audiences but maybe a little bit more challenging than EC-rated games for young children. Some games such as action games, adventure games, and motor games may be a little bit more complex for children that haven’t perfected their gaming skills.
#4. E10+-Rated Wii Games
Games rated E10+ are suitable for all audiences aged 10 and above. The games are a level challenging than E-rated games but not as complicated as T-rated and M-rated games. However, parents may still buy E10+ kinds of games for slightly younger children if they feel the theme is appropriate for their kids.
#5. Wii Dance Games for Kids
There are many dance games for the Wii gaming console and those games have proved popular with audiences that love to dance. Dance games are good for fostering health dance competition between kids but parents should make an effort to regulate the songs children are dancing to. Unfortunately, some songs are not appropriate for children and that is why parents should look for dancing games oriented for children.
#6. Finding Wii Games for Children on Amazon
Finding Wii games for children on Amazon is as easy as entering a search in the search box. As a parent looking for a game, ask your child which kind of game he or she likes and enter the keywords in Amazon. When the search results appear, look into each and every game’s description to ensure that it’s the game your kid requested. Also, don’t forget to check its rating to ensure it’s suitable for your child.
Once you’ve picked the game, there are a few things you need to do before finalizing the purchase. You can find both used and new games on Amazon, so first, ensure the game is in good condition. Secondly, if the game is not new, you can contact the seller to find more details about its quality. Finally, if you’re satisfied with it, you can make the payment.
Games and Children’s Development
When you look up Wii games on Reddit, Amazon, or any other platform you will get various results with each platform displaying different games. There have been numerous debates on whether gaming is good for the development of kids, with some critics even going as far as saying that gaming is a leading cause of obesity.
However, when it comes to the Wii, these critics have no basis since the Wii console is designed to encourage physical activity from its audience. The system features motion-sensitive input that requires the audience to move their arms and bodies to interact with the game. Games such that have a sports or dance theme are very physically demanding which helps the players develop their psychomotor skills.
With the Wii, players not only develop their psychomotor skills but also helps them enhance their problem-solving skills as well as their imagination and creativity.
Complex adventure games tap into players’ strategic thinking while also helps nature their ability to predict consequences of actions. We cannot forget that multiplayer capabilities of the Wii enrich social interaction between players creating healthier social relationships.
Can the Wii U system play Wii games?
Yes, it can. In fact, it can play all Wii games. There is also a dedicated Wii Shop Channel available for Wii U for purchasing and downloading digital Wii games. With this system, you can forget Wii titles and accessories that use the Nintendo GameCube controller ports.
Will my Wii Remote controllers work with the Wii U system?
Yes, it can. All Wii controllers work on the Wii U console. However, most Wii U games need a Wii Remote Plus controller or a Wii remote with a Wii MotionPlus accessory to work.
Can I play a game on the Wii U GamePad and watch TV at the same time?
Yes, it is possible provided the game supports off-TV play. You will be able to use your GamePad to play games while watching TV. For more information regarding the same, refer to the user manual.
Can I use Nintendo eShop funds on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems?
You can use the eShop funds on both gaming systems only if they are linked to the same eShop account. In fact, you can find the best Wii U games on the Nintendo eShop.
Where can I find out about new and upcoming games?
New and upcoming games are announced on the Nintendo eShop where you can easily browse or search for them. You can also find both new and classic digital versions of games on the Nintendo eShop. They also feature the highest rated games, for example, you can find the top Wii games of 2016.
How loud is the Wii?
The Wii is not loud at all. You can barely hear it from a foot away. When we tested it against other consoles, the PS4 and Xbox, it was the quietest among the three while the Xbox was the loudest.
Can you connect and play media from a USB hard drive?
Unfortunately, the Wii cannot connect and load media from a USB drive. When you connect a USB drive, you can hear it turn on but nothing happens. This is because the Wii does not support USB drives, therefore you cannot transfer media such as games, music, videos, and photos to the console.
Is it possible to attach an external keyboard, mouse, etc. to the USB ports on the back of the Wii?
Yes, you can but they won’t work. Using the onboard keyboard on the Wii and other gaming consoles can be very frustrating but you have to persist since using an external keyboard is out of reach. Unfortunately, the Wii does not support external input devices such as a keyboard and a mouse.
Does the Wii upconvert non-Wii games?
Component cables allow you to upscale non-Wii games to EDTV/480p. An advantage of using component cables is that the display won’t revert back to 480i, but it’s not that the graphics are going to look any better.
Which audio/video/image formats work with the Wii?
The Wii’s manual states that it only supports JPEG images, motion JPEG movies, and MP3 audio. However, we tested with all formats we could get our hands on and they all worked on the device. Some of the formats we tested include, GIF and PNG images, AAC, OGG, WMA, MP3, WAV, AIF and FLAC audio and WMA, H.264, XviD and other video formats.
Inserting an SD card with photos and videos into Wii, do they need to be converted to display/save onto Wii?
No, you don’t need to convert the photos and videos since the Wii can read pretty much any media file.
What are the load times for the games?
Different games have different loading times but most games don’t clock into the minute’s territory. Despite its superior loading times than other disc-based consoles, we think it should do better since its games have less data than competition from other gaming consoles.
Is the sensor bar really that distracting?
It is not distracting at all. However, if you do not fasten it in place using the double sided tape on its bottom, it might keep falling.
How long do the Wii batteries last?
The Wii controller uses AA batteries to work so their duration varies according to your usage patterns. They can last a week, two weeks or even months from the time you start using them.
Is Wii controller Bluetooth-compliant or RF? What happens when pairing it with a Bluetooth 2.0 EDR capable PC?
Yes, the Wii controller is Bluetooth compliant. Unlike the PS3 controller, the Wii controller has a sync button that activates its discoverable mode. You can search for the controller with your smartphone or your Bluetooth 2.0 EDR capable PC but it simply won’t pair.
Does the Wii support WPA?
Yes, it does. The Wii gaming console supports WPA-PSK (TKIP), WEP, WPA2-PSK (AES), and WPA-PSK (AES).
Wrapping it up
Although all games are created to provide a fun experience, various games are created for different purposes. For example, there are kid games that are created mostly for fun and don’t have much content in them. There are also sports games for sports lovers and car games for car lovers. Lastly, there are adventure games like God of War, Prince of Persia, etc. for a more mature audience that love a bit of challenge.
All in all, if you’re buying these best Wii games for your kids or yourself, the Wii’s innovative gaming technology is one of the most entertaining systems that you can buy.