Table of Contents
You’ll only think about baby monitors at two distinct periods in your kid’s life. The first is when they’re infants and you’re understandably nervous about leaving your fragile baby alone. The second is when they’re toddlers and have finally discovered how much more mischief can be achieved with legs. Fortunately, monitors, like Motorola baby monitors, have evolved to keep up with even the second stage.
|Name||Display Size||Battery Life||Range||Our Rating||Price|
|Motorola MBP36S||3.5 in||3.5 hr||590 ft||4.0||View Price|
|Motorola MBP33S||2.8 in||3.5 hr||590 ft||4.0||View Price|
|Motorola MBP36XL||5 in||9.5 hr||1000 ft||4.0||View Price|
Best Motorola Baby Monitors Reviews
Here is the detailed review of the best video baby monitors from Motorola.
This Motorola baby monitor mbps36s comes with a 3.5 display screen for crystal clear imagery both during the day and night time.
To fully appreciate the screen size, know that some monitors come with 1.8″ screens as if you’re expected to squint and view just one body part at a time. The 3.5″ screen is almost like viewing through an iPhone screen, so you can see more.
A feature you’ll find very handy is the two-way communication channel. So you can hear your baby and also be heard, meaning you can console your baby from afar within the extra seconds or minutes it will take you to get to the crib.
Although the camera allows for perfect vision when the camera is up to 9 ft from the baby, you should move it a bit closer at night. This is because night vision displays images in black and white, so you might not be able to differentiate certain features well from afar. Remember parents use baby monitors more at night.
- Large and portable 3.5″ display screen for parents
- Room for expanding monitored areas (buying more cameras instead of more monitors).
- Short battery life when the video display is been used (3.5 hours on the pack can end up being just 1 hr 40 mins and even less).
- Shorter range than the 590 ft advertised. It has only about 100 ft range, but apparently, that’s because there are a lot of walls between the Motorola baby monitor and the parent’s display.
Alright to fully understand this Motorola baby monitors mbp33s, you’ll need to compare it with the mbp36s. What’s missing in the previous review is the price range of the Motorola baby monitor mbp36s (over a hundred dollars). If you’re on a budget, the mbp33s is a more suitable alternative, since it’s under a hundred dollars.
So what features will you be compromising on with a cheaper monitor?
Of course, this is slightly more invasive than most parents want since Hubble will likely store some of your private data. It also doesn’t have the pan and tilt setting on the mbp36s.
It does still come with the temperature sensors, 2-way channel with volume control, and sadly, the same limited range as the mbp36s, which can be shorter than the 590 ft advertised. You can also connect several aftermarket cameras and view your kid in split screens so there’s that.
- Obviously, it’s a very budget friendly way to watch your baby
- An option of connecting to your smartphone or tablet through Hubble
- Using Hubble might infringe on your privacy. And most users give the app a low rating anyhow so you’ll end up being stuck with the small screen.
Again, reviewing this monitor will make way more sense when compared with the mbp36s. Mbp36xl is an upgrade so be prepared to be awed by the changes.
Alright, the basic upgrades are; an increased microphone sensitivity to detect the smallest disturbance and a camera that doesn’t need to be plugged-in to work.
Most people had to rearrange the whole baby room to find a spot that had a plug whose position won’t cause a person to trip on the cord at night. They didn’t really complain cause it’s an industry-wide problem. So this upgrade is most welcome.
It also comes with 5 lullabies for nights you’re too tired to sing.
- Greater range
- Biggest parent display screen by Motorola as at now.
- It’s the most expensive Motorola baby monitor on this list.
- Battery life still isn’t that great for an upgrade
- There’s a delay in image streaming when the baby starts moving
To sum up, baby monitors tend to be pretty standard. But as the end goal is for your peace of mind, you should take note of the parent-centered features in Motorola baby monitors that make them stand out from their counterparts.